We are looking for an Instructional Designer to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Experience with developing training content (scripts, multimedia, video, webinars, etc.)
- Adult education and technical training
- Thorough knowledge of advanced course development and design
What & Why:
The Instructional Designer is a high energy and resourceful learning professional responsible for the design, development, implementation and evaluation of effective learning solutions for our new Digital Banking Platform. Under the broad direction of the Manager, Communications supports, designs and delivers a range of integrated learning programs and services which may include facilitated training programs, e-learning programs, overall training solutions for our new Digital Banking Platform, etc. The incumbent is a specialist that evaluates learning trends, and designs, and implements programs and tools, creates learning content, reports on results, recommends and implements changes. A key responsibility for the successful candidate will be to support the development of an innovative technical training program and driving learner engagement.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- Assists in areas of organizational learning needs assessment and analysis; uses the information provided to build integrated blended learning services; evaluates programs and seeks ongoing opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Identifies and implements appropriate learning platforms; proactively sources new platforms / technologies to utilize for training.
- Leverages and builds training in multiple formats including eModules, Webinars, Instructor Led, Virtual Led, Train-the-trainer, Job Aids, Performance Support Tools, Video Learning, Social Learning and Peer Training.
- Schedule, facilitate and support training sessions (i.e., core, remedial, upgrades and refresher), workshops and presentations and ensure the delivery is aligned with identified learning objectives.
- Continual updates and development of training tools, sessions, and materials to maximize learning transfer and retention.
- Serve as one of the LMS administrators responsible for curriculum management, user management and event creation.
- Project manages learning initiatives / projects of moderate complexity to advanced; including, instructional design, and project scope, planning, communication, implementation, budget management, and measurement.
- Executes communication plans regarding learning services and initiatives, to include planning for the launch of new learning services and the collection of ongoing feedback regarding learning services and initiatives.
- Acts as a resource, responding to inquiries regarding learning needs and learning services.
- Liaise and maintain relationships with external consultants, other vendors and service providers as required.
- Conducts data analysis and interpretation reporting of key metrics (program attendance, evaluations, etc.) to support the measurement of results for core learning programs and uses data to identify opportunities to make improvements as required.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning and development activities by analyzing outcomes and using applicable evaluation tools to determine opportunities for quality improvement. Brings plans forward to Manager, Learning and Development.
- Stays abreast of innovative learning solutions, and trends and developments in the training field and/or learning solutions. Provides management advised with recommendations. Researches best practices in industry seeking innovative, cost effective learning solutions. Creates networks and seeks partnerships that are beneficial to the organization.
- Good sense of judgment, analysis and synthesis; with a high personal standard of service, professionalism, performance and willingness to work both as a team and independently.
- Ensures a high standard of service, professionalism and performance by actively participating in educational seminars and courses to upgrade skills as required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of organizational operations, policies, procedures, products and services;
- Thorough knowledge of advanced adult learning concepts and techniques;
- Thorough knowledge of advanced course development and design, including needs analysis, objective setting and assessment processes;
- Has in depth knowledge of cloud based learning management systems, and eLearning software and systems used to develop learning materials; also possesses knowledge of learning management systems;
- Practical knowledge and experience in both technical and non-technical training;
- Thorough knowledge of written and oral communication techniques; including, public speaking and presentation/facilitation skills;
- Advanced organizational, technical communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to provide strategic consulting and act as a change agent applying creative approaches to development of a learning culture;
- Awareness of evolving expectations, market trends, and best practices in learning and development;
- Demonstrated ability to uphold confidentiality and manage sensitive situations with tact;
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships throughout an organization, combined with a strong customer service orientation;
- Strong project management skills and knowledge required to successfully manage moderately complex to advanced organization-wide projects;
- Strong analytic skills and data management skills combined with a high level of attention to detail;
- Aptitude to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a passion for prioritizing, solving problems and making decisions while being resourceful – you are comfortable answering questions or finding out the answer yourself.
- Excellent MS office skillset, with emphasis on PowerPoint, proficient in core office programs and capable of learning key learning and/or role specific applications;
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Software is preferred (i.e. Illustrator, Audition, After Effects, Premiere and/or Photoshop).
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications (emphasis on PowerPoint) and web conferencing tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and WebEx).
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- A 'can-do' approach and a passion to encourage the same.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Adult Education or Business Administration;
- Completion of the Provincial Instructors Diploma;
- Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP) or Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) and/or Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP)designation;
- Seven to nine years’ in an adult education, preferably three in the financial services sector with technical training experience;
- Experience in content development using technological learning tools;
- True Colors certification or other psychometric certifications an asset;
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Posted: December 19, 2018
Closes: February 17, 2019