If you have computer science background, programming and databases excite you and you are an Oracle SQL query writing guru with a keen interest in database design, and data warehousing techniques then Okanagan College's Institutional Research team has a great opportunity for you.
Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada's leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Position Title Institutional Research Analyst
Competition Number C000797
Division/Portfolio Public Affairs
Department/Program Institutional Research Office
Under the direction of the Manager, Institutional Research, the Institutional Research Analyst is responsible for providing information to support institutional decision-making and policy development, performing a variety of analytical tasks using specialized software, including extracting, compiling, and analyzing data for reporting on all aspects of College operations including student enrolment, financial, facility space, survey response data, etc. The Institutional Research Analyst is responsible for using appropriate research methodology, implementation and project management tools to identify business problems, and to research and develop solutions using applicable technologies.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor's degree is required in one of the following areas: Computer Science (preferred), Math, Statistics, Business, or Sociology (i.e. quantitative or social sciences), which may include courses in computer programming, database management, inferential statistics, and research methodology. A minimum of two years of related experience is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced level skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Access
- Experience in statistical analysis using software such as SPSS, or R
- Experience in relational database design, database management and data warehousing
- Advanced level skills in Oracle SQL, PL/SQL and general query optimization
- Strong ethics standards and familiarity with Provincial privacy legislation
- Excellent research methodology skills including survey development
- Experience in project, administrative and change management
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and program evaluation methodologies
- Familiarity with student information systems such as Banner
- Knowledge of Okanagan College programs and systems and/or BC post-secondary education system
- Proficient with HTML and CSS and/or business intelligence (BI) software (Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
Appointment Type Support - Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date 09/24/2018
Appointment End Date
Schedule Monday to Friday, 35 hours a week
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate $49,967 - $57,134
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please note: Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Posting Opening Date
Posting Closing Date
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca
KEY SEARCH WORDS:
Oracle SQL, Query optimization, SQL, Computer Science, Programming, Programmer, DBA, Database Design, Data Warehousing, Banner Student Information System, Banner, Institutional Research, Institutional Analysis, Higher Education, IT, Information Technology, Dashboards, College, University, Registrar, Bargaining Unit, Government, Public Sector, Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Database 12c, UNIX, LINUX, MYSQL, full stack developer, HTML, JAVA.How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: http://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca
Posted: October 27, 2018
Closes: December 26, 2018