- We are a rapidly growing company offering the best in Internet, TV, and home Phone services.
- We’ve been in business since 1996 and are headquartered right here in beautiful Vancouver close to bus routes and Skytrain stations.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package after 3 months of full-time employment.
- Novus also offers generous education reimbursement and employer matching GRRSP programs.
- It’s your birthday! Take the day off.
- Our Fun Club will have you socializing with activities throughout the year and donuts on Fridays will satisfy your cravings.
Our technicians are invaluable to our team. Without them, we wouldn’t be able to connect TV, Internet, or phone services to our customers. Not only that, but our install technicians receive the most praise from our customers regarding outstanding customer service, they really are amazing. No pressure though, we know you’ll fit right in to this star role.
Some responsibilities include:
- Perform disconnections and installations, including Fiber, coaxial and CAT 5
- Proficiently installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing technical problems
- Ensuring customers are well equipped with everything they need and that all technology is programmed properly and functioning. Including hands-on demonstrations when necessary
- Maintain documentation and records daily
- Maintain work vehicle, tools and equipment
- Perform other duties as required
- Able to use your own vehicle for work, as required by Novus Vehicle Policy.
- Work various shifts including days, nights, and weekends.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Able to use hand/power tools and testing equipment.
- Physically able to bend, stand, climb and lift heavy objects (at least 20lbs).
- Very analytical, love taking initiative and you know how to gauge priorities.
- A good communicator. You communicate well within your team.
- A people person. You love to meet new people.
- High School Diploma required.
- Computer knowledge in MS programs & Networking protocols an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- A love for all things TV and Internet, and technology in general.
- Speak a second language? Awesome but not necessary.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Telecommunications Labour Maintenance and Technicians