The mission of the Platform Engineering Department is to provide the processes, tools and coaching to drive Development & Engineering efficiency.THE OPPORTUNITY
Aritzia is growing and our Platform Engineering team is growing with it. This is a unique opportunity to be part of the team responsible for cloud engineering on the Google Cloud Platform, enterprise observability & monitoring, CI/CD workflow and QA automation. You will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and improving a set of reusable secure and easy-to-adopt components that will drive measurable efficiency throughout our software development lifecycle. As the Senior DevOps Engineer, you will develop reusable infrastructure-as-code modules; develop standardized templates of our reference architectures; build our source control management processes and deployment processes through GitHub & GitHub Actions; build & operate our observability and monitoring platforms; and build & configure our Content Delivery Network and Web Application Firewall (CDN/WAF) infrastructure. With the skills you gain in this role, the opportunities are endless - from a rewarding career in Platform Engineering to continued growth and development with Aritzia.THE ROLE
As the Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
- Work with the appropriate Business Support partners to seamlessly lead the day-to-day function of the department in support of corporate objectives, while enabling progressive career development and an incredible employee experience.
- Establish the approach to solutioning on Google Cloud and deliver innovative, reliable, scalable, resilient, performant & secure technology solutions that meet business needs for today and tomorrow.
- Establish the guidelines, principles, patterns, and guardrails for building a secure, compliant, and cost optimized cloud environment within Google Cloud.
- Build workflows that allow teams to evolve their applications and services in a repeatable, reliable, secure manner.
- Provide the tools necessary for any team to monitor the health of their applications & services as well as to diagnose, triage and resolve issues as fast as possible.
The Senior DevOps Engineer has:
- Proven skills, education, and/or applicable certifications in:
- Cloud platform design and administration (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS)
- Infrastructure-as-Code languages such as Terraform
- CI / CD tools (e.g. GitHub Actions, Jenkins)
- CDN/WAF solutions such as Akamai and/or Cloudflare
- Observability & Monitoring platforms such as New Relic, Datadog, Dynatrace, SumoLogic and/or Google Cloud Operations Suite
- Development software languages (e.g. Java, Groovy, Python)
- Automated deployment and scaling mechanisms (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker)
- Architecting and implementing solutions across multiple disciplines, software suites and business areas
- A commitment to learn, apply, champion, and enrich Aritzia's Values and Business and People Leadership principles
- The skills to collaborate strategically with cross-functional partners in the pursuit of shared business outcomes
- The ability to set clear objectives and design a strategy that inspires the team
- A dedication to quality and investing in results and new business opportunities that add value
The typical hiring range for this position is $130,000-$150,000 CAD per year. The final agreed upon salary may vary based on factors such as job-related knowledge, skills and experience. Additionally, this position may be eligible for bonus.
We are always looking for top talent - if your qualifications differ from those listed above, the scope of work and final agreed upon salary may be adjusted to reflect your individual qualifications.
Aritzia's Everyday Luxury compensation package goes beyond the base salary with endless growth and recognition opportunities through our pay-for-performance philosophy. Along with comprehensive benefits, aspirational workspaces and elevated employee perks and experiences - we provide it all.THE PERKS
Some of the industry-leading benefits you will receive working at Aritzia:
- Product Discount - Maybe you've heard of our famous product discount? Or our exclusive private shopping events? You have now.
- A-OK Commissary & Café - Everyday Luxury dining, exclusive to Aritzia. Our in-house bistro and café is a private oasis where employees can enjoy curated, subsidized Everyday Luxury dining.
- The SET - Our in-office fitness studio and gym with state-of-the-art equipment, custom-created classes, and optional personal training. Open 7 days a week, works out well.
- Aritzia Virtual Wellness - Because your health, happiness, and safety matter - 24/7 resources to support you in your wellbeing goals, be it physical, mental, social, or financial.
- Aspirational Workplace - Our offices are specially designed to be spaces of creativity, productivity, and inspiration. They're also dog friendly. Woof.
- Amenities - Additional amenities include a private parent's room, shower facilities with elevated complementary conveniences, bike rooms, and more.
- The Extras - We also offer a multitude of other perks like dry-cleaning, hotel and restaurant discounts, self-care promos and on-site medical care.
Aritzia is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Our goal is to be inclusive, diverse, and representative of the communities where we work while creating an environment where every person can enjoy a successful career. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to a disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture Team.