Closing date: September 30, 2021
Join us in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern, British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about!
Reporting to the Manager, Digital and Management Information Systems, the Information Systems Infrastructure, Superintendent is accountable for managing highly available, efficient and cost-effective computer processing capabilities, plus site based process control and communication networks and systems. They ensure these services are available, and continuously improved upon, towards goals relating to providing reliable, secure, and quality services to meet the needs of Trail Operations.
The incumbent also manages the teams responsible for providing service related to the installation, support, and management of Trail Operations data, voice, video equipment and networks and client technology (computers, printers, video conference, etc.) This is done in coordination with Teck enterprise-wide architecture, standards, policies, and best practices. Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead the technical staff and the planning, implementation, support and service activities related to all Trail Operations data, voice, video networks including (not limited to) business and process data networks and video monitoring, public address, radio, physical access security systems and equipment
- Manage the acquisition, installation, support and service activities related to all Trail Operations client technology systems and equipment
- Ensure well developed and motivated staff through the provision of formal training and self-study opportunities and by assessing performance, recommending placements, and administering the collective agreements
- Prioritize, plan, schedule and allocate work of technical teams responsible for project, request and sustaining work/services related to process data networks, voice, video and data business networks and client computing equipment
- Evaluate new voice, video and data communications/networking strategies and technologies to keep the network current with emerging technology
- Develop the scope of assigned projects, cost implications, duration and manpower requirements and benefits of change for approval by sponsor and senior management
- Performs all other related duties as the need arises
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5 or more years managing teams of technical individuals
- Minimum 5 years of IT technology project management
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience designing, planning, implementing, and supporting computing facilities and voice, video, and data networks
- Proven technical management and specialist experience of working in a sophisticated IT networking environment
- Superb communication and conflict resolution abilities are a must
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
#LI-MM1 Job Segment:
Information Systems, Social Media, Computer Science, Coal Mining, Technology, Marketing, Mining