Are you curious and do you like taking things apart to gain a better understanding of how it works? Do you like new challenges and have a healthy appetite for change and new ideas? For member of Best Buy's Information Security Team, the answer is "Yes". Our Information Security team members thrive on new opportunities and innovations to help the company grow securely.
You may know that in the last few years, we have embarked on a journey of tremendous growth and innovation. As we look to build for the future and remain at the top of our game, we are developing world-class tools and methods for securing our customer information. When you join Best Buy\'s Information Security Team, you become a part of this progressive and fast-paced team of security pros. You will have the opportunity to bring your ideas to a company that welcomes change, and if you are a top performer, you will have ample opportunities for career growth.
The Information Security Architect leads the design and development of innovative security architectures for protecting data deployed into different types of cloud and non-cloud. This position will directly contribute to the overall global Best Buy enterprise cloud architecture and lead the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications, across all types (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
As an Information Security Architect you will...
• Design and develop security architecture for cloud and non-cloud-based systems • Implement cloud and non-cloud architecture that will allow business requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk to Best Buy and with appropriate security controls present • Work with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development departments to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitate complete integration into Best Buy environments • Provide Information Security oversight for business-driven proof of concepts and pilots • Develop and execute strategies to increase Information Security knowledge throughout the enterprise
We hope you are passionate about...
• Innovation - as a tech company we are constantly changing and evolving; an openness and willingness to embrace change is critical • Logical and critical thinking - we are a data driven company, so consideration of all angles and viewpoints is vital • Having fun while being the best - we work hard but play harder
The experience we need...
• 3-5+ years of experience as an Information Security Architect • Knowledge and experience with IP network designs, including firewalls, network security tools (IDS, WAF, ...), routers and switches • Experience with assessment, development, implementation and optimization of a broad set of security technologies and processes within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or other cloud environments • Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc.) • Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies • Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment • College degree or equivalent and 7 years of related experience required • CCSP, OSCP or other security certifications preferred
• If you seek the perfect balance between risk / reward in everything you do!
Why work with us?
• Employer-matching pension plan • Employer-matching stock purchase plan • Health spending account • 24-hour gym facility • In-house catering and coffee bar • On-site postal service • On-site car wash service • On-site dry cleaning service • SkyTrain shuttle service • Flexible work schedule • Registered education savings plan • Tuition reimbursements • Employee discount purchase plan
We believe we have the unique opportunity to help customers enrich their lives and pursue their passions with the help of technology