The City of Victoria is searching for an Information Manager who has a passion for delivering public sector excellence!
Victoria is a leading-edge capital city that embraces the future and builds on the past, where human well-being and the environment are priorities and where the community feels valued, heard and understood.
The City of Victoria is hiring an Information Manager. This position is responsible for corporate leadership in information use as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. This individual will be responsible for Information Governance, Enterprise Data Architecture, Enterprise Data Analytics, Open Data, Records Management and Archives. The management of corporate information and the relationships of datasets across the City's Enterprise Systems is a key role within the City.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for delivering public sector excellence by working collaboratively with City staff at all levels to support improved information management in support of business change management and digital transformation. The Information Manager plays a key role in leading the adoption of M365 across the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Assistant Director of Information Technology and IT Leadership Team to develop and deliver short and long-term strategic goals for data architecture vision, standards, and best practices in conjunction with data users, department managers, information owners, data stewards, clients, and other key stakeholders. This position is also expected to identify new and innovative solutions to drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
The City is a fantastic employer offering a competitive benefits package, hybrid work from home, municipal pension plan and extended healthcare benefits. This role is also eligible for one day off each pay period (modified work weeks).
If you are passionate about what you do - we would like to hear from you! Position Summary:
Under the general direction of the Assistant Director, Information Technology, effectively manage the activities of the Information Management Division which has responsibility for the City's Enterprise Data Architecture including Corporate Records and Archives. This position also participates in the department's management team to support strategic and operational planning and reporting. Major Accountabilities:
- Assess, develop and determine governance, requirements for information ownership and stewardship, policies, procedures and frameworks for managing data across the organization. Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards. Coordinates the development of Business Intelligence (BI) standards and governance to support a broader Corporate Information Management Program. Assist in the development of business requirements to address requests for analytics and reporting. Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Document the data architecture and environment in order to maintain a current and accurate view of the enterprise data picture. Provide guidance and expertise of information management best practice for enterprise-level applications (e.g. ERP, GIS, CRM, EDRMS, Asset Management, Land Development, etc.). Identify and develop opportunities for data reuse, migration, archival and disposition. Management oversight of the corporate records and archives programs. Oversee the development of corporate training programs to inform City staff about corporate records and data management policies and procedures, roles and responsibilities. Promote information as a key corporate strategic asset.
- Supervise and manage a team of 8 - 10 staff, including: setting specific work direction; setting staff objectives and priorities through the annual work plan; recruiting and filling vacant positions; selecting and training staff; managing employee conduct, performance and attendance; responding to grievances; Recommend and encourage professional development and training opportunities through programs, courses and conferences to keep staff abreast of technology changes and new innovations; overseeing safety program; developing capital and operating budgets to support Division activities and objectives.
- Foster a positive departmental culture of continuous improvement, service orientation and process-based methodologies.
- Representing the Information Technology Department, build strong working relationships through collaboration with City departments, other organizations, government agencies and the public including: responding to and advising department managers and Assistant Directors on Information Management matters; liaising with other municipalities on best practices and developments; responding to requests and complaints from the public.
- Manage contractors; participate in procurement of information management services.
- Perform other related activities.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Engineering, intermediate understanding of spatial data management and information systems.
• Demonstrated experience in change management initiatives in the public sector.
• Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
• Training in archival studies and/or records management or a related field is considered an asset but not essential to the role.
• 3 - 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in associated technical areas. Competencies:
Level 3, Exempt Competency Framework.
Work schedule: Monday to Friday, 35/37.5 hour work week
Pay Band 6, $117,732.82-$138,510.41 annually
Job Code # 3199
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs - only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume.
At the City of Victoria, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
If you require assistance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Click here to apply! Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Senior Level