is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms - made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments. The Opportunity:
WSP E&I currently has an opportunity available for a junior to intermediate level Industrial / Occupational Hygienist in Vancouver to provide industrial hygiene and hazardous materials assessment and abatement / remediation services to our clients
The successful candidate will be an industrial / occupational hygienist with hazardous materials experience, or be a safety professional with hygiene and hazardous materials experience.
If you are interested in a career in occupational health and safety, and in particular, have a strong interest in risk assessments and hazardous materials, like field work and travel, and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• Our Hybrid Work Policy
- a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
Reporting to the BC Occupational Hygiene and Safety Group Manager, your responsibilities will include but won't necessarily be limited to:
• Conducting occupational hygiene risk assessments and exposure assessments for biological, chemical and physical hazards in various sectors including but not limited to energy, manufacturing, commercial, and government.
• Reviewing and/or preparing industrial hygiene related programs (e.g. respiratory protection) and exposure control plans and procedures for clients.
• Conducting management level, as well as pre-renovation / demolition, hazardous materials surveys for various hazards such as asbestos, metals, PCBs, PAHs, dioxins and furans, PFAS, ozone-depleting substances and suspect microbial growth and preparing reports.
• Developing hazardous materials management plans, safe work procedures, remediation / abatement specifications, abatement cost estimates, and exposure control plans.
• Conducting hazardous materials condition assessments.
• Conducting hazardous material abatement/remediation inspections and air monitoring and preparing daily reports / project completion reports.
• Conducting assessments for IAQ and confined spaces and preparing reports, risk assessments and procedures.
• Preparing and delivering industrial hygiene, safety and/or hazardous materials training courses
• Write proposals and reports for clients
This position requires local and regional travel and occasional out-of-town assignments up to two weeks in duration. Assignments will at times be in remote areas and under physically demanding conditions. Work could be indoors our outdoors. Light to moderate lifting may be required What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Industrial Hygiene, or post secondary diploma or degree in Health and Safety required
• Certification or working towards certification as a CRSP (Canadian Registered Safety Professional), ROH (Registered Occupational Hygienist) or CIH (Certified Industrial Hygienist) required.
• Hazardous materials training (e.g. AHERA Building Inspector Course, Alberta Asbestos Worker Course, Hazardous Materials Technician Course, Lead Inspector and Risk Assessor Course, Mould Assessment and Remediation Course, etc.) an asset
• Two to seven years of experience in Occupational Hygiene and/or Health and Safety field.
• Experience in the consulting industry an asset
• Experience working at industrial sites, including utilities an asset
• Personal vehicle and driver's license - Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skill
• Ability to adapt and work in a team environment as well as independently
• Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License valid in British Columbia, clean driving record and ownership of a personal vehicle that can be used for business travel when needed.
• Flexibility with respect to remote work and travel. Willing and able to work up to two weeks at a time out of town.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Early Career (< 3 years)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada/