At Carbon Engineering, our vision is to lead the world in the large-scale removal of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and advance our shift to a sustainable carbon-neutral society. Based in the outdoor recreation hub of Squamish, BC, this role will be a great fit for someone who feels passionately about this vision, and who wants to be a part of a fast-paced culture where contributions are noticed.
This is a position for an intermediate or senior Industrial Mechanical Technician (Millwright) or Plant Maintenance Technician with experience in oil and gas, water treatment, pulp and paper or industrial plant maintenance. In addition to a solid grounding in electromechanical equipment maintenance, the ideal candidate will have experience in a broad range of skills including pipefitting, welding, instrumentation and/or maintenance program development.
- Carry out preventive and condition-based maintenance of Pilot Plant process equipment; including motors, pumps, valves and instrumentation.
- Monitor equipment and processes and ensure deficiencies and operational issues are reported clearly.
- Utilize knowledge and experience of electromechanical systems to troubleshoot complex issues on a range of pilot equipment.
- Conduct inspection and repair of equipment and determine parts required for repair and replacement.
- Install machinery and equipment according to plans.
- Coordinate maintenance activities to reduce plant downtime.
- Arrange 3rd party inspections and certifications of equipment as required.
- Record maintenance activity in line with the plant maintenance schedule.
- Use OEM Operation and Maintenance manuals to collate maintenance requirements and populate the maintenance schedule.
- Assist Maintenance/OH&S Lead with the development of maintenance systems, procedures, standards and practices and identification of reliability trends.
- Opportunity to assist with design, specification, installation and commissioning of benchtop and pilot equipment dependent on experience.
- Opportunity to assist with fabrication and installation of new process equipment dependent on experience.
- Availability for shift work including evenings and weekends as required.
Education: Inter-Provincial Red Seal Millwright certificate of qualification preferred. Alternative Red Seal qualifications (e.g. instrumentation technician) will be considered for candidates that demonstrate strong electromechanical maintenance background.
Experience: 5+ years industrial experience following Red Seal qualification, preferably in oil and gas, water treatment, pulp and paper or industrial plant equipment maintenance.
- Pipe fitting experience/qualification highly desired.
- Pressure welding, forklift and skid steer operation certificates would be an asset.
- Experience developing maintenance programs not essential but would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In addition to technical skills, the right fit will:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently towards multiple deadlines with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Thrive on doing things that have not been done before (explorer mindset).
- Strong analytical, technical writing and problem-solving skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
If this seems like the dream job for you, and quote “BDTechJobs-Industrial Mechanical Technician” in the subject line.