DESCRIPTION Amazon is looking for an Indirect Tax Compliance Senior Analyst based in Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA. This position is responsible for the indirect tax compliance function for various business lines with compliance obligations in Canada (GST/HST/PST), and will require the individual to be able to complete technical tax research, coordinate with internal and external business partners and tax advisory teams, assist with project implementations, and driving process improvements.
Primary duties include:
• Oversee the end-to-end tax compliance process in relation to indirect tax obligations in Canada related to Retail and Digital businesses.
• Develop, document, and ensure adequate Canadian indirect tax controls are implemented.
• Coordinate and manage the use of outside advisors to support accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related accessory obligations.
• Develop, implement and document tax compliance processes and improvements.
• Review GST/HST/PST returns (analysis of data, liaison with AP and AR teams)
• Work with tax technology and IT teams to identify automated solutions to the compliance process and support implementation.
• Assist with indirect tax related audit and controversy matters
• Collaborate with business units to proactively identify and research tax planning opportunities.
• Assist with evaluating the tax effect and implications of business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals.
• Follow up with tax law changes and implement new processes and strategies;
• Review financial data for proper application of indirect tax laws and transfer pricing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
5+ years / 7+ years of experience in indirect tax transactions (VAT/GST), with a public accounting firm, major law firm, or in industry.
• Previous in-house experience within a multinational business and either legal or accountancy firm experience.
• Professional tax, accounting or legal qualification.
• Accounting experience and proficiency with Oracle and related data analytics skills.
• Able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
• Chartered Accountant (or equivalent) or graduate degree in law, taxation, or accountancy.
Experience and knowledge of Canada indirect taxes, ESS experience an asset.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and an understanding of tax law and tax treaties.
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects.
• Able to extract, analyze, and review data and make appropriate recommendations.
• Work effectively in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively on milestone driven projects.
• Able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.