Import Operations Program Manager II
Reference ID: 717656
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Amazon will deliver products to customers anywhere in the world, on-time, at a great price. We want to make it easy for customers to order popular products not available in country. Americas Import and Export Operations needs exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to design, develop, and improve our import and export processing centers. We are seeking a Program Manager to assist in serving our international customers.
This position requires extensive experience building and operating imports, exports, and supply chain solutions in Mexico, Brazil, Canada, and the rest of Latin America. The candidate will have the ability to support the plans of the organization and implement / manage the launch and continuous improvements of our Import/Export processing centers to ensure safe, economical, and effective use of materials, energy, and people as well as compliance with customs requirements.
The consequence of defects could include fines, seized products, and negatively impacting Amazon's relationship with customs authorities.
A strong candidate will possess proficiency in Vendor Management, Analytical Problem Solving and knowledge of Operations Management in Distribution Centers and end-to-end Supply Chan Management.
• Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to execute supply chain solutions.
• Proven expertise planning and operating multiple import and export models to, from, and within the Americas region for land, ocean, and air modes.
• Experience scoping solutions with pros/cons related to legal and tax implications, customer experience, speed, and import/export costs.
• Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
Salary Range: $77,875 to $114,100/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Logistics or similar field.
• 1-2 years of experience as a project/program manager
• 1-2 years of experience analyzing cost/benefit of proposed projects
• 1-2 years of experience analyzing and supporting imports, exports, and/or reverse logistics supply chains
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of working time.
All candidates must meet the above noted basic qualifications.
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019