Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a Project Manager.
Founded in 2000 in Vancouver, Canada, Clearly has become the world’s largest online eyewear and contact lenses company. Clearly designs, produces and retails the largest selection of eyeglasses on the internet. We serve customers in more than 150 countries through the Clearly family of websites: our team is responsible for systems and support for multiple warehouses and web properties across Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Manage large projects with complex scope, multiple streams of work and interdependencies
- Work with cross functional team members to understand the goals and measurements of the project to determine project success criteria, project objectives and KPIs
- Create planning documentation in the forms of Gantt charts, JIRA projects and task lists
- Intimately understand the requirements of the project which may include documenting the business requirements and working through the overall solution architecture
- Identify project risk and work with the cross functional teams to develop contingency plans
- Coordinate with project resources including managers, developers, business owners and business users
- Run and monitor projects on a day to day basis, including project meetings with the cross functional project teams, managing schedule, budget, risks, updates and status changes
- Efficiently and effectively manage problems and issues around scope creep and/or changes in business requirements to bring the project back on plan with the agreement of project stakeholders
- Conduct a review of completed projects to understand the successes and issues and apply the learning to future projects
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 3+ years work experience in software project management in large ecommerce, Web applications and/or ERP implementations
- Professional project management training or certification - PMP, SCRUM
- Highly technical, can tell the difference between a virtual private server and a cloud server; a CDP from a PDP.
- Understanding of software development frameworks and technologies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice project management methodologies and a desire for continuous improvement
- University degree in computer science or a related field
- Must be analytical, flexible, team-oriented
- Ability to work on a fast paced environment and with multiple stakeholders in other groups including business, marketing, UX/UI, SEO, merchandising and analytics
- A sense of community and willingness to do some good
- Have a fun, high energy, positive, passionate, goal-oriented, confident self-starter attitude.
What We Offer You:
- You will be a part of a team that is making a difference - improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding & Retirement Savings plans
- Receive paid time during work hours to volunteer and be recognized for your volunteer hours during non-work hours
- A total rewards package which includes extended health benefits and an annual flex spending account
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Gym for a nominal cost and free secure bike cages available in our building; across the street from Renfrew Skytrain station and the Central Valley Greenway bike path
- Opportunities for learning and career development through an annual education allotment and employee lunch and learns
- 50% employee discount on clearly.ca
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our innovative programming and Development and Diversity initiatives have been recognized with the YWCA Women of Distinction Award. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Posted: October 19, 2018
Closes: December 18, 2018