Not just a job, but a career opportunity! Our client has been a leader in the air conditioning, refrigeration and heating sectors for more than 70 years and they are committed to providing an environment where employees can leverage their skills, talents, experience and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
The role of Technical Training and Support Manager is responsible for establishing and promoting relationships with customers, suppliers and staff The primary functions of the position are to establish HVAC training curriculums required by staff and customers; perform and manage training sessions, supervise the technical support staff in each region, including the assessment of their skills and additional training that may be required. The position requires an excellent understanding of both commercial and residential HVAC equipment, with a focus on York and Fujitsu, along with strong technical training, communication and presentation skills.
- With assistance from suppliers, to create and launch the residential and commercial HVAC training programs for staff, customers and engineers
- Establish an annual training calendar with input from the sales team
- Schedules training sessions, manages enrollment, measures course effectiveness
- Identify the technical and sales training needs of staff and customers.
- Provide technical training to staff, contractors and engineers as required in the province.
- Review existing training materials to determine effectiveness and relevance.
- Provide assistance and support to staff and customers, such as site visits and troubleshooting of service and install issues.
- Request and review start-up sheets to assist in troubleshooting.
- Contact customers regularly to provide on-going technical service information on new and existing products and remain current with new product developments and diagnostic tools
- Participate in professional organizations, conferences, networking events and tradeshows.
- People management; assist with annual performance evaluations, provide leadership and direction to technical support staff and foster a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Travel within Canada and the US to branch, customer and supplier training locations as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years’ experience in a leadership or related role in HVAC/R industry
- Commercial/Wholesale distribution and technical knowledge in HVAC/R industry experience required.
- Possess current Refrigeration, air conditioning ticket.
- Technical training experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver technical and sales training presentations
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency, particularly as it relates to order processing, quotes, inventory, etc.
- Results driven, ability to handle multiple tasks, energetic and self-motivated.
- Professional business acumen, demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
Please send your resume to the attention of Kristel Rundmann.
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019