Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR Operations, the Human Resources Policy Specialist is responsible for leading the governance of our employment contracts and policies and works in close partnership with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with local law and STEMCELL's people practices.Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remain informed on global employee policy, trends, and legislative changes.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to evaluate the impact of legislative changes to our current policies and procedures and make recommendations to remain compliant.
- Partner with key teams within HR and across the organization (Total Rewards, HR Service Delivery, Legal, Payroll, Tax) to draft people policies that align with STEMCELL's culture & values and strategic direction.
- Provide subject matter expertise for content creation related to policy, compliance, and legislative employment law requirements globally; makes recommendations based on global experience, taking into consideration the balance between global, scalable policies and local/regional requirements.
- Supports and may lead the HR department in various initiatives and projects related to new markets, new business ventures, and new policies.
- Lead a regular review of our HR policies and employment contracts.
- Respond to escalated policy and compliance inquiries.
- Review, recommend, and action opportunities identified from global compliance reporting, audits, and assessments.
- Responsible for any required governmental filings.
- Liaises with external counsel and vendors.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a relevant field, or post-degree HR diploma.
- 6-8 years of HR or employment law experience with a focus on compliance and policy development.
- Experience working with and understanding employment governance, global employment. law, award coverage, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, global company.
- Experience with HRIS Systems (Workday preferred).
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills (G-Suite experience preferred).
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!