Job Description Summary
The Human Resources Generalist reports to the Manager, Human Resources to deliver and execute a broad range of HR services and support to the assigned business units. Responsibilities include HRIS management, compensation and benefits, employee relations, disability management, conflict resolution, recruitment, training and development, and performance management in accordance with the established HR strategies, programs, policies, practices and processes.
The successful candidate will be a broadly skilled HR professional looking for a growth opportunity with the end goal of serving as a trusted advisor to employees at all levels. You have a track record of executing challenging or complex projects and tasks, are self-motivated to drive progress and achievements, demonstrate the required confidence to deliver training and presentations to an audience, independently problem-solve through critical analysis, and thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, growth environment.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with the Manager, Human Resources to deliver superior client service for the assigned business units in all HR practice areas by understanding the current and future business needs in order to provide proactive, day-to-day HR services and support aligned to those needs.
- Establish effective employee relationships at all levels based on trust, experience and credibility by providing front-line HR consultation, advice and counsel.
- Respond to employee requests, enquiries and concerns in a timely and solution-oriented manner.
- Coach and support people managers in the application of HR policies and practices.
- Support the HR functional teams in the planning, implementation, execution and roll-out of HR programs and processes.
- Promote, manage and maintain employee relations programs and approaches by understanding the work environment and driving employee engagement.
- Provide counsel and guidance on performance management and corrective actions.
- Provide HRIS (Workday) systems administration support to employees.
- Administer and coordinate candidate immigration and relocation activities.
- Facilitate training workshops, new hire orientation sessions and deliver presentations as needed.
- Execute employee onboarding and exit processes.
- Manage and administer disability claims and return to work programs.
- Review, prioritize and execute HR administrative tasks with accuracy and expediency.
- Analyze HR metrics through data retrieval from the HRIS systems and recommend improvements to the HR programs, processes and service levels.
- Continually increase and maintain HR knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations, ensuring legal compliance and employment standards.
- Support the Manager, Human Resources and other HR colleagues in managing the workload and special projects as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Human Resources Management or related field. CPHR designation is required.
- 4+ years of relevant experience working in a similar role as an HR Advisor or HR Generalist.
- Proven track record of progressing HR capabilities and knowledge over time.
- Ability to build strong relationships, including interfacing and communicating effectively with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Adept in dealing with sensitive and highly confidential HR issues with tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical experience in applying B.C. employment laws and standards are mandatory.
- Proven attention to details, clarity and accuracy in written language, data and analysis.
- Ability to facilitate, influence and negotiate in order to reach consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes. Excellent judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Highly flexible, good tolerance for ambiguity and time-driven deadlines and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize time and workload to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) coupled with strong interpersonal skills both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Proficient working knowledge of HRIS systems (e.g. WorkDay), Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs and MS Office program.
- Passionate about meeting or exceeding goals and expectations.
- Team orientated -'one-team' behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!