Job Description Summary
Are you looking to deliver and execute a broad range of HR services and support to the assigned business units while working with and reporting to the Manager, Human Resources.
As a Human Resources Generalist at STEMCELL Technologies, you'll manage HRIS, compensation and benefits, employee relations, disability management, conflict resolution, recruitment, training and development, and performance management in accordance with the established HR strategies, programs, policies, practices and processes.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the general supervision and guidance of the Manager, Human Resources to deliver superior client service for the assigned business units in all HR practice areas by understanding the current and future business needs in order to provide proactive, day-to-day HR services and support aligned to those needs
- Provide HRIS (Workday) systems administration and general support related to HR policies and practices to people managers and employees; respond to requests, enquiries and concerns in a timely and solution-oriented manner
- Support the HR functional teams in the planning, implementation, execution and roll-out of HR programs and processes
- Facilitate training workshops, new hire orientation sessions and deliver presentations as needed
- Review, prioritize and execute HR administrative tasks with accuracy and expediency and recommend improvements to processes and service levels
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPHR designation or equivalent
- 2-6 years HR experience, including proficient and practical knowledge in HR, including tasks, processes, and practices
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!