Great growth opportunity for an emerging HR professional with a dynamic organization.
CGIS is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator (Part-time permanent 20-24 hours per week)
CGIS (CG Industrial Specialties Ltd) is the global supplier of high performance severe service valves and automated controls. With over 35 years of experience, and HQ based in South Vancouver, this dynamic entrepreneurial, sales & distribution company has passionate and dedicated employees who are the best in their industry.
We are looking for someone enthusiastic who shows initiative, works effectively and is eager to learn. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the HR Coordinator will have a variety of responsibilities including coordinating full cycle recruitment processes and new employee onboarding plus HR administrative tasks that include benefits administration and the coordination of training. The ideal candidate will have 1- 3 years’ experience in recruitment (and HR), be able to work autonomously, have a strong service and detail orientation and the drive and competence to do their best work every day.
- Working with established CG recruitment processes, and in support of CGIS Managers and strategic plan, this position will post, source, screen, attract and present well suited candidates for vacancies in Canada;
- Developing a recruitment strategy for each search, candidates will be sourced using all professional sources available i.e. CG website, on-line postings, networking, following leads provided from referrals, social media, mining through LinkedIn and direct cold calling;
- Good budget management for each search is required;
- This individual will be professional, personable and knowledgeable about CG’s business become a respected CGIS ambassador both internally and to the external market / community to support positive Employer Brand growth;
- Responsible for coordinating and attending CG’s participation in career fairs and other networking / candidate sourcing events as identified;
- Working with CGIS Managers, a customized onboarding and training plan for all new employees will be developed, tracked and signed off; assistance with execution and additional resources / training coordinated where needed;
- Effective and timely benefits enrolment and administration with all inquiries answered in a timely fashion;
Data Management and Metrics:
- Responsible for the timely processing, accuracy and integrity of all HR-related information internally and on CG’s website; may be responsible for monthly departmental KPI data;
- Maintain the internal training database for all CG employees; tracking certifications needed for CG positions, other skills and professional development;
- Support CG Managers by way of coordinating external / internal training & required certifications;
- Participate / Lead in the coordination of employee special events / celebrations;
- Other initiatives / projects as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management preferred;
- CHRP designation or working towards is an asset;
- 1 – 3 years full cycle recruitment knowledge & experience, ideally in an industrial setting or technically complex environment;
- Experience in other areas of human resources would be an asset;
- Intermediate level computer skills (Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & Word), a good understanding and working knowledge using ATS & HRIS systems;
- A strong thought process applied in day to day work and projects, with the ability to articulate ideas effectively;
- Strong ability to handle all conversations and information with diplomacy, professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
- Professional demeanor and the ability to deliver consistent outstanding customer service to all internal / external customers;
- Drive and competency to do their best work; be highly organized, have excellent verbal / written communication skills, a strong attention to detail, sound judgement and the ability to manage the deliverables of multiple responsibilities at one time.
If this sounds like a position of interest and an environment you’d like to work in and you have the credentials and experience for this role, we invite you to submit a cover letter and resume (in a one Word document). We encourage those interested to apply early as screening will commence straight away.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Full disclosure of any restrictions must be disclosed at the time of expressing interest and supporting evidence provided prior to any potential offer of employment.
We appreciate your interest and thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity. We will be in touch with individuals whose profiles most closely match what’s needed to be successful in this role. No phone calls or agencies please.