Human Resources Assistant
Job ID GRHR111 Job Type Permanent Full-Time Location : Name (EN) Vancouver, BC
We're looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our growing team in order to support the continuous company growth and HR initiatives at Global Relay. The HR Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the daily operations of the HR team thereby contributing to the efficient and professional delivery of HR programs, processes and services across the organization.
We are looking for a resourceful individual who enjoys continuous learning and building relationships - someone who has a creative mind for problem solving and superb customer service skills. Are you up for the challenge?
You are success-oriented and take pride in your work. You have great common sense. You understand how proven HR processes and procedures help companies find the best talent and keep their staff engaged, yet you also understand what it takes to run a business - flexibility and balance. To that end, you'll ensure interviews are properly scheduled, employee vacations are approved in a timely way, and your teammates and internal clients are adequately supported. Day-to-day HR challenges don't faze you. You're ready to roll up your sleeves, get your hands dirty, and get the work done. You also enjoy the company of other likeminded, hardworking HR pros who value and encourage each other and push one another to excel. Your Job:
- Support recruitment activities including but not limited to:
- Ensure the established corporate recruitment process is communicated effectively and adopted consistently
- Champion employer branding efforts by ensuring positive candidate experiences are upheld and maintained
- Become system expert and maintain data accuracy and confidentiality of the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Coordinate and maintain the posting of all open positions
- Coordinate and schedule interviews for worldwide candidates
- Conduct reference checks
- Assist with recruitment events coordination such as Student Open House, Career Fairs and Company Information Sessions at various academic institutes
- Maintain the internal employee referral program
- Prepare new hire packages and documentation, coordinate and facilitate new hire orientation
- Perform general administrative duties, such as data entry, filing and minute-taking, time-off approvals, and assist with other HR projects as they arise
- Maintain and track employee training programs and recruitment-related events
- Schedule performance review meetings and ensure documentation is received in a timely manner
- 3+ years of relevant work experience with good business acumen
- Completion of post-secondary coursework
- Knowledge of HR standards and best practices
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in ATS, HRIS or other databases, with excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Keen attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven record of taking responsibility and using good judgment, including exercise of discretion and confidentiality
- Adaptable and flexible with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Self-starter with a winning attitude who is comfortable working independently and with a team
- Work experience in high tech industry is a definite asset
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
- Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 - Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume.