Reporting to the Time and Attendance Global Process Owner (ECP and T&A GPO) T&A Business Analyst is primarily responsible for collaborating closely with the sites HR business Subject matter experts (SMEs) and the HRIS project team to elicit, analyze and document business processes, document manuals, support Workforce Time and Attendance training and testing, and follow up on system defects. Requirements:
- HRIS T&A BA possesses profound knowledge in Time and Attendance processes is a Workforce Time and Attendance expert and helps implementation projects achieve their business goals by gathering the information to detail the business processes, providing training, and helping the SMEs through all project testing phases.
- Candidate must fulfill the role of authority in Time and Attendance processes and Workforce Time and Attendance matters, review functional specifications (Workbooks), review/prepare test cases, and prepare wireframes/flowcharts/manuals for training material. Interact directly with the project and sites SMEs.
- This functional role focuses on actively collaborating with the Workforce Time and Attendance implementation across all Teck Sites and requires extended knowledge and experience in the function of supporting the business implementing Workforce Time and Attendance.
- Work closely with key partners to gather information, document business processes, and process flows, and validate and present them.
- Demonstrate processes to SMEs and others.
- Gather Reports/Interfaces requirements, document them, and facilitate/help test them
- Identify and analyze business problems and define the scope of activities required to address the issues, including requirements review, business process reviews, and impact assessment.
- Assists in preparation and facilitates User Acceptance Testing sessions with business partners.
- Collaborates with the Training team to prepare training material, Release Notes and/or presentations for Workforce Time and Attendance, and prepare training manuals and presentations
- Support Workforce Time and Attendance training process
- Support Workforce Time and Attendance testing, helping testers throughout all phases of testing and answering Workforce T&A and Time and Attendance processes questions
- Works with Project HRIS Teams delivering Workforce Time and Attendance to the Business
- University Degree or College Diploma with emphasis on management of information systems or another technical team. Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) from the International Institute of Business Analysts (IIBA) is helpful.
- 3 to 7 years of experience in a similar role responsible for supporting a Workforce Time and Attendance implementation project; with superb communication, facilitation, presentation, and training skills and the ability to effectively advise on business process improvements.
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills i.e. skilled at identifying and analyzing large volumes of information, ability to develop a deep understanding of key issues quickly (business processes and system related), meticulously analyzing and investigating the business problems independently and in collaboration with the technical team propose options/solutions to business partners in simple business terms.
- Demonstrable ability to work well in a team environment and lead multiple assignments simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and working experience with Portfolio Program and Project Management Tools, System Development Lifecycle methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
- Experience with Canadian Time and Attendance schemas and rules is a must
- Experience with DevOps is desirable
- Experience with sophisticated Time and Attendance systems is a must
- Experience with Workforce Time and Attendance is desirable.
- Familiarity with the Mining or Natural Resources industry is desirable
- Experience working in large organizations, at Enterprise, Business Unit, and Operating Unit levels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel (O365 preferred)
- Willing to be "hands-on" when required
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and the capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information for recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Information Systems, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Business Analyst, Technology, Energy, Mining, Finance