This role will support centralized investigations for AMZL Delivery Stations.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our AMZL Human Resources team as an HR Investigator supporting our Delivery Stations in Canada.
The AMZL Central Investigations (ACI) team's objective is to thoroughly and expeditiously investigate all associate concerns in a fair, unbiased and consistent manner. The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee and labor relations issues and projects. This position supports the AMZL field HR team.
The HR Investigator will work proactively to:
• Investigate highly sensitive HR and Employee Relations issues, including: Conducting complainant, witness and subject interviews; Analyzing data from various internal systems; Case adjudication; Proposing remedial action based on investigation findings; Production of completed investigation documentation
• Independently manage assigned casework, bringing investigations to closure rapidly and definitively
• Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee and stakeholder feedback
• Analyze aggregate casework data to identify issue trends and opportunities for proactive issue mitigation
• Analyze casework trends and produce strategic recommendations to the business to proactively address systemic issues
• Partner to engage in continuous improvement of communication vehicles and practices
• Partner in analysis and revision of people programs, policies, and practices to sustain a positive work environment for Delivery Station Associates and Drivers
• Consult and collaborate with business partners, Corporate ER teams, Legal teams, and 3rd Party Vendors on complex employee investigations
• The individual also will work re-actively on critical employee relations issues that are crisis-oriented and typically can only be successfully completed with limited time. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years combined human resources, labor relations, investigative, or legal experience, and demonstrated passion for employee relations, labor relations, investigations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on labor and employee relations work
• Proficient understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws
• Experience in conducting investigative fieldwork, including complainant, witness, and target employee interviews, investigative data analysis, and production of investigative documentation
• Prior experience supporting hourly employee client groups
• Technically proficient in Microsoft Office Suite systems including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Bachelor's degree requiredPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in manufacturing/distribution/call center environment
• Experience in conducting investigations virtually
• Advanced degree, JD, AWI-CH, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus
• Strong evidence of career development and/or evidence of superior performance in previous roles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.