Job ID GRHR107 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com
We're looking for an energetic individual to join our growing team in order to support the HR initiatives and continuous growth of our fast-paced SaaS company. The HR Generalist will provide day-to-day support to the daily operations of the HR team, thereby contributing to the efficient and professional delivery of HR programs, processes and services across the organization. This role requires hands-on involvement with many aspects of HR including recruitment, benefits, immigration, reporting, HR systems maintenance, and special projects.
We are looking for a resourceful individual who enjoys continuous learning and building relationships - someone who has a creative mind for problem solving and superb customer service skills. Are you up for the challenge?
As an experienced HR pro, you recognize people are a company's most valuable asset. You understand the importance of balancing HR and business. Consequently, you are committed to increasing employee growth and engagement using industry-proven best practices. You have a thorough knowledge of processes, but aren't afraid to try new solutions to deal with difficult challenges. You are proactive, resourceful, and comfortable thinking outside the box. You can see yourself being part of a top-notch team that takes serious responsibility for their work - without taking themselves too seriously. Apply today and see for yourself. Role Responsibilities:
- Administer benefits policies and programs for our Canadian, US and UK employees to ensure appropriate enrolment
- Process HR documentation including offer letters, onboarding documents, contractual agreements, employment confirmation letters, etc.
- Support the annual performance management process, including facilitating employee annual review meetings and tracking employee performance
- Facilitate New Hire Orientation and onboarding activities and conduct exit interviews and related activities as part of the off-boarding process
- Work with the Recruitment Specialist, to provide support in the recruitment process: developing and maintaining job descriptions, screening resumes, interviewing and reference checking
- Participate and represent Global Relay at recruitment events such as Student Open House, Career Fairs and Company Information Sessions at various academic institutes
- Analyze and create reports based on HR metrics on a weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis, specifically detailing the effectiveness of current HR programs and processes
- Provide support for the immigration process, including new hire requirements as well as ongoing visa and PR applications for new and existing employees
- Provide support with strategic HR initiatives, including research & recommendation, ownership & participation in the development, implementation and maintenance of initiatives
- Assist with ad hoc special projects as required
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR Generalist or HR Administrator capacity with good business acumen
- Completion of post-secondary studies, preferably in Human Resources
- Good knowledge of HR standards and best practices
- Solid working experience in HRIS, ATS or other databases, with advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Keen attention-to-detail with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proven record of taking responsibility and using good judgment, including exercise of discretion and confidentiality
- Adaptable and flexible with a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and with a team
- Knowledge or experience in immigration policies is a definite asset
- Work experience in high-tech industry is a definite asset
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: December 10, 2018
Closes: February 8, 2019