HR Generalist (CAGA171)
Reference ID: %7B72B7EC7F-2973-49CF-849B-53C603AE6F66%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
The HR Generalist is an integral part of the HR team. The HR Generalist will be part of a Canada HR team supporting their own business groups in the Burnaby office, partnering with management on areas such as performance management, compensation, leadership development, and employee relations. This position works closely with the Recruitment team, Operations team, and other members of the HR Business Partner team.
This is a great opportunity for a Human Resources Professional to join and grow their career with a successful global High Tech company! With 5000+ employees globally and 1000+ employees in Canada, Fortinet offers a wide range of opportunities to learn and grow. If you have great attention to detail combined with thinking of the broader picture, enjoy a wide variety of tasks and want to work in a dynamic work environment, this is the position for you!
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the business, both strategically and operationally, to build consultative partnerships with the executives, directors and managers within the client groups assessing needs, anticipating changes and supporting growth and development.
• Provide coaching and counsel on workplace issues, consistent with policies and practices, including performance management, harassment, discrimination and terminations.
• Work closely with Recruitment team on hiring needs for client groups.
• Coach managers and develop management capabilities in our leaders to help them build high performing teams.
• Proactively work with manager within client group to review their talent pool and operational needs.
• Provide coaching and training to managers on HR processes, such as annual performance reviews, merit etc.
• Serve as the first point of contact for the client group for a wide range of inquiries from managers and employees, including but not limited to: leaves of absence, internal transfers, employee development, etc.
• Manage HR processes, such as promotions, transfers, terminations and process transactions in the HRIS (Oracle Human Capital Management).
• Project work - Lead and/or participate in team projects that address strategic initiatives as directed by the Director of HR.
Job Skills Required:
• 4+ years of progressive HR experience, ideally in a high tech environment.
• Experience working with an HRIS; experience with Oracle HCM is a plus.
• Strong understanding of employment laws, benefits, compensation philosophies, and HR best practices.
• Strong Business and HR Acumen.
• Experience with Immigration is a bonus.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office products, especially in Excel.
• Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
• Efficient time management skills, with the ability to balance numerous requirements.
• Ability to prioritize and complete a wide variety of tasks efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
• High integrity and a real sense of ownership and accountability of projects.
• Degree/diploma in human resources, business or in a related field
• CHRP and/or related Designation is an asset
Posted: October 11, 2018
Closes: December 10, 2018