CGI’s Western Business Unit is growing exponentially. The HR Business Partner will report to the Director of Human Resources for Western Canada and is responsible to advise and consult to the BC Region Vice President, the leadership team and staff members in all aspects of HR.
We are seeking an independent, self-starter to manage the day-to-day HR functions for leadership and members in Victoria and Vancouver. The responsibilities for this role include employee relations, performance management, compensation management, staff member support, internal staff redeployment, talent planning, member development and advising leadership on human resources policies and programs.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to specialize in HR domains to become the subject matter expert for the Western Business Unit.
You will be joining a human resources team with an established collaborative management approach and will have the opportunity to work with experienced colleagues across Western Canada. In this role you will partner with the BC leadership team to help drive the strategic direction for the region. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment and the opportunity to work on variety of projects and initiatives.
This position can be based in either our Victoria of Vancouver (Burnaby) office.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Managing employee relations issues; serving as the mediator when issues arise, ensuring that issues are addressed and properly documented, and conducting investigations with support as needed
• Actively advising and providing guidance to managers on performance management, career development plans and performance improvement plans
• Ensure effective orientation, onboarding and integration of new members
• Assists the HR Director to identify areas for improvement in the BC region and roll-out various Corporate and Business Unit initiatives, policies and practices
• Manage the internal redeployment of staff members assigned to the Business Unit
• Supports training initiatives including planning and coordination
• Manage the project staffing requirements in partnership with Project Managers and Western Business Unit recruiters and resource managers
• Ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures at all levels
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years of progressive experience and demonstrated success as an HR Consultant / HR Generalist
• Generalist experience and knowledge of the all domains specialties of Human Resources
• Demonstrated experience in managing employee issues, managing performance, managing conflict, assessing and mitigating risk
• Good understanding of compensation, salary administration and promotion processes
• Solid understanding of Employment and Labor Laws
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong skills in MS Office applications
• Post-secondary in relevant discipline or equivalent experience
• Collaborative, consultative, effective facilitation skills
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Exceptional customer service skills; able to ensure a high degree of integrity, diplomacy and professionalism
• Ability to effectively work independently or as part of a team, and achieve outcomes in a fast paced environment
• Ability to demonstrate excellent common sense, judgment and sense of urgency
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
• Ability to present materials in information sessions
Nice To Have:
• Experience in an IT Services and/or Consulting Environment
• CHRP certification
• Familiarity with Peoplesoft HRIS or other HRIS applications
Some travel is required to other CGI locations. Including regular trips between our Victoria & Vancouver offices and occasional travel to other Western Canada locations
Connect with employer: