Hoist Project EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage.Working as a Project Engineer, you will act as the responsible engineer for electrical systems for mine hoist project. You will be the engineering discipline lead on small projects or portions of larger projects. You will complete engineering assignments efficiently and cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.Your responsibilities
- Create the engineering design concept/philosophy definition. Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform engineering assignments. Review and approve design deliverables for an engineering discipline and act as the technical lead for that discipline with the client.
- Assist in creating proposals for engineering projects through provision of bills of materials and estimated engineering hours for own discipline.
- Support Contract Manager and project managers in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.).
- Create work plans and cost estimates for work in own area of responsibility and proactively manages this work to deliver the agreed program on time, on quality and at the targeted cost.
- Ensure completion of risk and opportunity assessments and the implementation of resulting actions for own projects. Report early any contract/quality/program/cost issues to management.
- Act as the ABB technical lead for an underground mining project. Interact with customers and officials, contractors, and others. Attend project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Use standard processes and tools applicable to Underground Mining systems.
- Member of the OIQ or another provincial professional association with 3 to 8 years of relevant project experience.
- Presentation and communication skills both in English and French.
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills/Conflict resolution/Negotiation skills.
- Good understanding of Customer needs / Good Customer relations.
- Strong ability to influence people, building trust and credibility.
- Computer and programmable logic controller (PLC) literate.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid