Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Join the Finning Canada family, part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. We are looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar general line products, based out of our Finning Victoria branch.
This position is based on a Monday to Friday, 5x2 rotation. If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar general line equipment
- Perform a wide variety of equipment repair diagnostics
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- Engine and other component rebuilding experience would be considered an asset
- Transmission or hydraulic testing would be considered as asset
- Experience in Power Systems and Marine would be considered an asset.
- This position is located at our Finning Victoria branch based on a Monday-Friday, 5x2 shift rotation
- Shift work may be required
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing