Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Continuous shifts at our RRR facilities are critical to growing our business, increasing customer loyalty, and creating stability and security for the future. As more major overhaul and component work begins to flow through the network to our RRR facilities, providing service 7 days per week enables us to respond to the growing demand from our customers more quickly, when they need us, while lowering their overall operating costs with improved responsiveness and repair velocity.
This position is a 7x7 continuous shift rotation based out of our Finning branch in Prince George, BC. We are looking for a dedicated Heavy Duty Mechanic who will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar general line products.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar general line equipment
- Perform a wide variety of equipment repair diagnostics
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- 2nd/3rd/4th year apprentices may be considered based on experience
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- This position is located at our Finning Prince George branch based on a 7x7 continuous day shift
- Any future shift changes will be made in accordance with the collective agreement
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Sales and Marketing