Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Are you looking for a change of scenery? Finning Canada is looking for experienced and top quality Heavy Duty Mechanics with a passion for working in the Northern British Columbia and Yukon Mining Industries! Join our Integrated Mining Team (IMT) and get paid to work on what you love to do! This is a great opportunity to work on ultra-class Caterpillar mining equipment! The is a growing team with an excellent opportunity to work with an up and coming, close knit, and hard working team, as well as service machinery for the biggest players in the industry.
Finning Canada is part of the world's largest Caterpillar dealer. You will be responsible for the troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of a variety of Caterpillar mining products. Based out of our Finning Prince George location..
The best part? This position is based on a 14x14 continuous shift rotation. Employees may live in the location of their choice and travel to various mining locations in BC and Yukon where the work is required.
If you are a safety conscious team player, self-motivated, autonomous, detail-oriented and possess your Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician certification, then you are exactly who we are looking for!
Apply today! Finning IMT is the job for you!Job Description:
- Troubleshoot and repair Caterpillar mining equipment
- Perform a wide variety of equipment repair diagnostics
- Utilize Caterpillar SIS and ET daily
- Complete technical documentation (service reports, warranty, crossover notes)
- Interact with customers, sales support, and the rest of the Finning team
- Work with the Service Supervisor and Leadhand on various tasks as required
- Interprovincial Heavy Equipment Technician (HET) Certification
- Safety conscious team player with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills with a high attention to detail
- Completion of Finning S-Levels, Failure Analysis, Machine Electronic Controls, or Tier 4 training would be considered an asset
- Completion of Caterpillar product courses would be considered an asset
- Previous repair and troubleshooting experience with Caterpillar general line products would be considered an asset
- $46.72/hour Base Rate
- $2.55/hour Field Premium
- Boot Allowance: $250/year
- Tool Allowance: $750/year
- Travel Allowance provided
- First Aide Premium: $0.90/hour
- Double time overtime every Sunday shift worked
- Must be able to comply with Covid-19 requirements
- Candidate selection will be in compliance with the terms of the current collective agreement
- Exposure to working a wide variety of Caterpillar Equipment
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.