Head of UX Design, Amazon PeopleTech (Vancouver)
Reference ID: 651943
Amazon is seeking a Head of UX Design for PeopleTech's Vancouver design studio, leading the design of our hiring and recruiting product suite. Our mission is to create customer-centric products and services that empower Amazon employees to reach their potential. We create HR products and experiences for employees throughout their career at Amazon; from seasoned industry veterans looking for their next adventure, to new talent looking to make their mark on the world, to associates managing their schedules and paychecks at the beating heart of Amazon's Fulfillment Center network. Our product portfolio spans all aspects of an Amazonian's career, from recruiting, to on boarding, to workforce management, and even as an alumni. Our customer base spans every Amazon corporate employee and hourly associate, as well as those looking to join us-including you!
We are looking for a talented and experienced design leader that has a proven track record of establishing a bold vision, developing strong teams, and delivering bar-raising, customer-centric experiences. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the recruiting experience - from candidates learning about Amazon and discovering the right roles for them, to hiring managers and professional recruiters using tailored products in order to find the best talent to join their teams. You will bring together UX and service design to consider all touch points throughout the hiring experience. You will lead a team of passionate designers to create products to address the sheer scale of hiring at Amazon, while providing engaging, personal, and human experiences. You will be responsible for cultivating and crafting the vision for the next generation product suite, and leading and developing the team of designers to realize it.
This is a key position within the PeopleTech and HR organizations. You will be a member of the leadership team for the recruiting product suite at Amazon, and a senior member of the design leadership team for PeopleTech. As hiring is critical to the success of Amazon, you will have direct access and visibility into executive leadership inside and outside of the organization. You will collaborate with other leaders across PeopleTech, HR, and Amazon. You will review and represent this work regularly with director and VP stakeholders.
• Define the strategic vision for all recruiting experiences at Amazon.
• Lead the creative process across designer, product management, developers, operations, domain experts, users, and executives from concept to development and market roll out.
• Lead your team's bar-raising execution against that vision, while partnering closely with product management and technical leadership throughout the product development process.
• Lead and develop a team of existing talented designers (Senior Individual Contributors and Product Leads) and hire additional talents designers as needed.
• Partner with other senior leaders in PeopleTech and HR to create cohesive experiences across the entire PeopleTech product portfolio, and across our employees' entire journey at Amazon.
• 8+ years designing interactive experiences with consistent growth in scale and project complexity.
• 5+ years as a manager of large design teams and as a leader of leaders.
• Demonstrated experience leading and growing high performing design teams.
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field.
• Demonstrated experience designing in agile environments.
• Expert working knowledge of standard interactive design tools and process.
• Demonstrated portfolio of work with a proven track record for solving difficult UX design problems and simplifying difficult requirements into intuitive interfaces for customers.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and lead large, complex projects from concept to delivery and continuous improvement.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong visual/interaction or user experience/information architecture skills.
• Experience designing products for global markets.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted: March 16, 2019
Closes: May 15, 2019