Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Do you have a passion for PCB design and product development? Get some hands-on experience on our Hardware Team in Burnaby!
Fortinet has an opportunity for 2 experienced Hardware Engineers to be responsible for all aspects of the product development cycle including: definition, implementation and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards/ systems and Ethernet Switch products. This is a great opportunity to work on new products with various cross functional teams. This position also offers great project and scope variety and includes the management of both in-house and joint development efforts with external vendors. You will also be involved with research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology. Job Responsibilities
Job Skills Required
- PCB layout, high frequency, high density, low noise.
- Gerber and manufacturing files, support the contract manufacturer.
- Design validation, and reliability testing.
- Analyze and resolve the design issues prototype in the field.
- Schematic design - including component selection, capture design, electrical stimulation.
- Board layout - including PCB stack up definition, component placement, detailed routing rule setting; high speed signal simulation.
- System verification and validation
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in hardware design with successful delivery to market
- Signal integrity and simulation techniques & tools
- Experience with supporting the board manufacturer, PCB/PCBA
- Schematic capture tools, Allegro PCB layout
- High-speed processors (such as X86, Ethernet switches) designing and PCB board routing.
- Familiar with EMI/EMC requirements and how to mitigate in design.
- Knowledge of safety agency requirements and how to design for compliance.
- Good lab skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication between teams and vendors
- Self motivated
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Master's degree preferred
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019