Hardware Development Engineer 1 (CARD2494)
Reference ID: %7B3AD11467-C43C-4805-844F-24503D580CEF%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet has an opportunity for a Hardware Engineer to join for all aspects of the product development cycle including definition, implementation, and release to manufacturing of high speed networking security boards/ systems and Ethernet Switch products. This is a great opportunity to work on new products with various cross-functional teams. This position also offers great project and scope variety and includes the management of both in-house and joint development efforts with external vendors. You will also be involved with research, investigation, and definition of new areas of technology.
* Schematic design - including component selection, circuit capture, DRC check, and PCBA BOM.
* Board layout - including PCB stackup definition, component placement, detailed routing rule checking.
* Design consideration for high frequency, high density, low noise, and good DFX products.
* Support the contract manufacturer or JDM partners for PCB Gerber and manufacturing files.
* Board bring up, design verification, system reliability validation, and compliances tests.
* Analyze and resolve the design issues in the prototype stage to meet all specification requirements and delivery time to market.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Skills Required:
* Experience with Schematic capture and PCB design tools, especially Cadence Orcad and Allegro PCB layout tool
* Experienced in High-speed processors (such as Intel X86, Ethernet switches) design and PCB board routing.
* High-speed signal integrity design experience.
* Experienced with supporting the board manufacturer for circuit design, component placement, board routing, and PCBA manufacturing.
* Excellent lab skills and problem-solving techniques.
* Experience with EMI/EMC requirements and how to mitigate related issues in design.
* Knowledge of safety agency requirements and how to design for compliance is an asset.
* Excellent communication skills among teams and with vendors
* Self-motivated and disciplined.
* Master degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/Applied Science
Posted: February 12, 2019
Closes: April 13, 2019