We are actively seeking an experienced Hardware Design Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in power electronics, solid troubleshooting skills, and thorough knowledge of electronics design. The successful candidate will enjoy a role that is varied and works closely with new technology and tools. This position will provide the right amount of challenge to the right candidate and allow opportunities for growth and development in a collaborative and supportive environment. We offer a very competitive total compensation package and a balanced work environment and culture where employees come first.
Perks & Benefits we offer to our team:
- Extended Health & Dental Coverage
- RRSP matching plan + extra cash towards your RRSP account
- We will pay you to volunteer for a charity of your choice*
- Well-equipped on-site fitness facilities with 24/7 access
- Free parking
- Green Transportation Incentive – bike, bus or walk to work and earn money!
- Social Committee Events – we have something fun happening almost every month
- Employee Service Awards
- Performance Bonus*
- Opportunities for continuous learning*
- …And most importantly: great people to work with!
- Assist in new product development and maintenance of existing products.
- Component sourcing, evaluation, datasheet analysis, and selection.
- Critical analysis of circuit design, simulation, prototype and testing of hardware.
- Circuit board layout, building prototype circuits, surface mount soldering.
- Perform environmental tests on existing product, and to document the performance and results of the tests.
- Design verification, create test apparatus, program the product and analyze results.
- Schematic design review
- Assist in automated test bed design and implementation.
- Transducer calibration, specifically: temperature, humidity, CO2, and some other sensors.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Electronics design using embedded processors, analog circuits, SM power supply, some RF.
- Understanding of compliance regulations for CE approval and UL safety.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, specifically with electronics circuits.
- Manufacturing process, design for manufacture, surface mount and mechanical interface.
- Soldering rework skills.
- Interest in power electronics, load switching AC.
- Knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems, controls thereof, applications, or installation experience.
Posted: November 20, 2018
Closes: January 19, 2019