Clio is looking for a Group Product Manager to join our growing team in our Burnaby, BC headquarters.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
Clio makes lawyers' lives simpler and helps them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 250 individuals with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Dublin to support a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
, one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers
, and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
We're seeking a Group Product Manager
who is ready for a high-impact people leadership opportunity, that spans across all departments in Clio. Not only will you be learning something new every day, you'll be working with a great team that traces its roots to places like Amazon, Expedia as well as a number of fast moving, scrappy startups. You are a veteran with a stack of successes (and some failures) on your resume, a big toolkit that includes a range of approaches to a problem, and an ability to mentor and train others. You are the type that is as comfortable conducting deep dives into specific problem spaces as you are pitching executives and stakeholders on product strategy. You've also got a passion for understanding customers and have the skills to translate that into persuasive stories that inspire. You will:
You should have:
- Manage, mentor, and develop a team of Product Managers.
- Own a portion of the Clio portfolio and set Product direction in coordination with your team.
- Be a change agent, and assist in developing leading Product Management practices.
- Connect with internal and external customers to collect insights that inform Product road-map.
- Champion and nurture a data-informed Product Management culture.
- Study the industry, identify trends, and develop innovations that help our customers succeed.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to ship and launch products that customers love.
- Emulate Clio's approach to people leadership, and developing culture.
You may have:
- 5+ years as a Product Manager. SaaS experience a bonus.
- Experience as a people manager, leading teams of product owners or product managers.
- A portfolio of successes (and failures) to show. Experience not just shipping product but launching and iterating on solutions to customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to track industry trends in your space and apply it to your solutions.
- A philosophy around what great product management is. Tell us who your role model PMs are.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with software development and design teams.
- Diverse approach to problem-solving, prioritization, buy vs build, and organizational structures.
- Humility plus strong opinions that are loosely held.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year.
Why would you want to work here:
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Experience giving back to the PM community.
- Experience working on software infrastructure projects.
We offer a great compensation package, 3 weeks vacation, a fun work environment, a great benefits plan, and an opportunity to be part of a great growth story with unlimited potential. We are looking for owl-drawers and team builders-people who work hard and play for keeps. We hire the brightest, most driven people in tech, and boast alumni from Google, Salesforce, Facebook, Amazon and LinkedIn on our team. Come and join them!
Need more reasons? Here are some things that make us awesome:
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives . This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Competitive health & benefits.
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019