WSP is currently seeking a Group Manager to lead one of our three Ground Engineering teams, part of the Ground Engineering business located in the Lower Mainland of BC. Reporting to the Director of Ground Engineering in the Lower Mainland of BC, this is a dual role, ideally located in Vancouver, where you will be provide both leadership of a 35-person team and provide senior level geotechnical expertise to support our Ground Engineering business.
You will join a growing team comprised of geotechnical engineers and geoscientists that is based in the Lower Mainland, with offices in Vancouver, Burnaby and Langley, and is supported by WSP's global Ground Engineering community. Our team services projects in the Transportation, Oil & Gas, Flood Protection, Water Supply and Power sectors. As Group Manager, you will play a critical role in delivering our strategic objective to continue to build and grow our ground engineering related services.A day in the life:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- You are a visible champion the WSP imperatives of safety (HSE), Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and ethics & compliance to ensure they are an overriding part of the organizational culture
- You provide leadership to a team of technical staff delivering geotechnical projects, including strategic direction, business development and growth.
- You manage and develop employees in accordance with WSP core values, including performance management.
- As a mentor, you provide guidance and technical advice to foster and grow the talented team.
- You partner with senior staff in business development efforts, including helping to build and sustain client relationships, proposal preparation, and project positioning activities.
- As a senior technical lead, you provide project and client specific technical advice and senior review of project deliverables.
- You manage projects from proposal to implementation, including proposal preparation, contract review, project delivery, financial control, and client relationship management.
- A relevant undergraduate degree in Civil or Geological Engineering, Geoscience or other technical discipline from an accredited university.
- 10-15 years of experience in a consulting environment with a focus on geotechnical projects.
- Professional registration with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia
- You are a self-motivated leader with excellent inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- A proven track record of successful business development, and of fostering client relationships
- Strong demonstration of health and safety leadership.
- Commitment to technical excellence and ability to write proposals and technical reports.
- Strategic and business planning experience,
- Financial, forecasting and budgeting experience.
- Adaptability and flexibility to prioritize and manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change and the ability to build partnerships across disciplines and areas of expertise.
- Expected Salary (all locations): $99,300 - $168,900
WSPCanadais providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location.