Closing Date: May 26, 2022
Reporting to the Lead Operations Maintenance Superintendent, this position will be accountable for providing leadership and direction to a maintenance crew. The successful applicant must be a champion of safety and capable of leading the maintenance execution priorities and activities of their maintenance team.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Red Seal electrical trades certification, bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent is required
- Must understand and enforce Teck and government standards and regulations as they apply to Teck employees and on-site contractors
- Knowledge of the Collective Agreement and associated Letters of Understanding
- Ability to motivate and hold others accountable for their performance
- Ability to plan and organize your own work as well as the work of others
- Can gather and interpret information to make rational and realistic decisions
- Ability to prioritize work and handle numerous tasks at once
- Good oral and written communication skills, promotes open communication and demonstrates respect for others
- Encourages and facilitates employee ideas for continuous improvement and fosters teamwork
- Has a strong work ethic and sets high standards of performance for self and work team
- Experience managing multiple trades is an asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2020, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eleventh straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#Li-MM1 Job Segment:
Electrical, Engineer, Social Media, Sustainability, Engineering, Marketing, Mining, Energy