is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable CANADA WIDE
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.#GlobalMining The Opportunity:
WSP Golder has a new opportunity for a Groundwater Modelling Specialist in our Canadian operations. You will be part of a growing team using your skills to contribute to technical solutions spanning multiple engineering disciplines as well as wider technical communities around the world in a collaborative environment. As our team has expertise in several offices across Canada, there is flexibility for the location of this full-time position, such as Quebec (e.g., Montreal), Ontario (e.g., Ottawa, Waterloo Region, Barrie), Alberta (e.g., Calgary, Edmonton) or British Columbia (e.g., Vancouver, Victoria, etc.). Why WSP?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• You will use your expertise to perform specialist numerical modelling simulations in support of engineering projects.
• You will develop techniques and methods to create solutions for groundwater problems.
• Because of your experience you will be able to provide technical support for geological and hydrogeological data analyses, visualization and development of conceptual site models.
• You will be applying hydrogeological principles to groundwater projects using conceptual and numerical modelling software.
• You'll perform field work in support of geological, geotechnical and hydrogeological investigations including collection of field data, data interpretation and evaluation write technical reports, collaborate with our many counterparts in all our different disciplines at WSP Golder and provide expertise and client deliverables on projects We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
• A Masters or PhD degree in Mathematics, Physics, Hydrogeological Sciences or Geological / Civil / Environmental / Mining Engineering or related field;
• 1 to 5 years of relevant simulation or modelling experience and proficiency in the use of commercial numerical groundwater modelling codes (FEFLOW, MODFLOW, HydroGeoSphere, etc.); for engineering applications
• An understanding of numerical methods including 3D finite difference, finite element and control volume finite element approaches;
• Experience with visualization software (GIS, Surfer, Leapfrog, CAD, etc.) and Experience with general-purpose scripting/programming (Python, VBA, C++, etc.);
• An understanding of data science and analytics, and practical applications in the field of hydrogeology;
• Direct exposure to machine learning;
• You enjoy fieldwork, sometimes international, and like to work autonomously
• You've got access to a vehicle, a clean Driver's Abstract, and you know your way around the MS Office suite of products;
• You want to experience what it's like to work for the leading environmental consulting firm globally and be part of a growing and thriving team!
• You want to be part of a global technical community within your field of expertise to learn from and share with as an integral part of your career
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Junior (3 - 5 years)
Calgary (420 2 Street SW)