is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable BURNABY
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
Our team is growing, and as a result we're looking for Laboratory Technicians to join our amazing group of professionals. As part of the Ground Engineering and Materials' Testing Services Group in Burnaby, you'll be responsible for driving forward our ambitious plans to enhance our service offering in the province through your work with a close-knit team of engineering specialists, professionals, and technical staff. Why WSP?
• We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
• Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
• A Canadian
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
• A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. #WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• You'll be carrying out laboratory tests to known industry standards on soils, aggregates as well as concrete and other construction materials as required;
• You'll be participating in relevant CCIL certifications as needed, and ensuring prompt and accurate testing and reporting of results;
• You'll be completing accurate and concise data gathering for a variety of test methods in a manner suitable for efficient data entry of test results to produce a final and accurate report;
• You'll be supporting equipment calibration, maintenance and general housekeeping requirements to maintain a safe working environment in the laboratory;
• You'll be participating in the laboratory quality control program, supporting internal/external audits and assisting in the identification and investigation as well as communicating of non-conformances to the Lab Lead;
• You'll be supporting sample management and the safe materials handling practices required for shipping, receiving, logging, handling, storage and disposal of samples;
• You'll be interacting with staff in the Office including field technicians and technologists, administrative and professional staff, as well as with some clients. What you'll bring to WSP ...
• Successful completion of post-secondary technical education in Civil Engineering/Technology or related discipline;
• Minimum of 1-5 years of experience in construction materials testing including, but not limited to: soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt materials;
• Sound knowledge with relevant standardized lab testing procedures (ASTM, AASHTO, CSA);
• Experience and detailed knowledge in CCIL laboratory certification processes and laboratory equipment maintenance and calibration;
• Individual certification with the Canadian Council of Independent Laboratories preferred;
• Time management skills, organizational skills, independent thinking skills, problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Ability to take direction and work independently as well as be a team member and collaborate with other lab personnel;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to schedule and coordinate multiple tasks and assignments;
• Accurate and efficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) with data entry, data interpretation and report generating skills;
• Sound understanding of the need for health and safety procedures in the workplace/Possess a safety conscious attitude
• Safety oriented attitude; current First Aid and WHMIS training will be considered an asset
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Junior (3 - 5 years)
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada/