Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
As a member of the Global Digital Services team, the DevOps Engineer (intern) will follow DevOps best practices and support end-to-end digital ops processes including software/application build, testing, release and support using Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
As part of the global digital ops team, a multi-functional agile team, this position will have influence on the development and improvement of the global DevOps practice responsible for digital platform operations (Azure), monitoring and release management of Finning's Digital Solutions. This position will ensure the environments are in place and the automated build process is promoting the code across the pipeline for both application, data and infrastructure configuration components.
As a member of the digital operations team, focused on building innovative customer solutions and internal productivity applications, as well as the transition of existing digital services to the cloud. The incumbent in this role will be a true generalist and will have the ability to assist in different functional areas (systems, applications, platforms, data), providing leadership and support to the global development teams.Job Description:Major Job Functions:
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide operational support within the Digital Services Group and to the global development teams:
- To support, improve and operate platform-based application environments. Provide improvement recommendations. (40%)
- To support the development and continuous improvement of the Global Digital Ops practice for digital platforms including MS Azure DevOps, IaC (Terraform), Kubernetes, Microservices, to ensure that software build, deployments, operation and governance meet stakeholder requirements (40%)
- Establish and manage software release cycle using the latest Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery techniques and technologies (10%)
- Develop and maintain service level agreements with internal client groups, with a strong focus on service availability, proactive detection of problems, and meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure that requirements are being met with some on-call 24x7 duties as part of a larger team (10%)
- Build, deliver and maintain environments required to operate for data and global analytics team, performance solutions team, and global digital solutions teams
- Writing scripts to automate tasks for reliability and scalability.
- Contribute to the architecture, design, development, and operations of highly scalable could services that are used within all regions of the company
- Manage product releases against product release cycles
- Ensuring environments are operating in accordance with the service level agreements
- Shared ownership of the cloud-based products and services built in house with other Digital Ops Leads.
- To triage and resolve service-effecting application issues in accordance with service level agreements
- Knowledge of provisioning, configuring, operating, and monitoring infrastructure and applications in both on-prem and cloud environments and automation
- Good knowledge of release management and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques and technologies
- Good understanding of Agile-driven software engineering and delivery to execute projects and optimize strategies
- Distributed systems, networks, and storage
- Container technologies and application platforms like Kubernetes, ArgoCD, NGINX ingress controller
- Configuration Management Systems like Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible
- Good understanding of both relational database management systems (RDBMS) and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding and experience developing APIs and web service concepts such as REST, SOAP, and XML/JSON protocols and formats
- B.S. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 8+ months of either full time or co-op experience as a Developer, DevOps Engineer or System Administrator
- Knowledge in cloud technologies (ie. Azure, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, NGINX, Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, Kubernetes, Microservices ArgoCD, NGINX ingress controller. etc.) and cloud services (build servers, release management,) Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines, Terraform, Kubernetes, Microservices ArgoCD, NGINX ingress controller.
- Knowledge with Azure, Microsoft platform
- Knowledge with Configuration Management Systems like Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible
- Experience with network security technologies (e.g., firewalls, virtual private networks)
- Experience with systems, platform, applications, and database triage
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Customer Service and Support Information Technology