Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
The Global BPC Financial Systems Lead reports directly to the Global Director, Finance Transformation is a key member of Finning's BOC Center of Excellence. This role is responsible for the technology and governance over the process of consolidations, management reporting and planning in BPC for the global finance organization. The BPC COE will serve as the support function for our global BPC application. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Maintains an efficient monthly closing/consolidations process within BPC across all legal entities including but not limited to SAP BPC master data, data and dimensions assuring consistency and conducting periodic validations
- Manages a team of BPC Administrators in the maintenance and in the administration of end user documentation, enhancing and maintaining input forms, schedules and reports
- Training new and existing users
- Resolving master data and other data load exceptions and maintains transformation and conversion files, data manger packages and manages deltas for BPC load of actuals, latest estimates, planning and forecasting
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Owns BPC 10.1 Standard (all models) including system administration, maintenance of key templates, reporting structures, security roles, documentation, liaising with IT and external consultants to troubleshoot/resolve system issues
- Identifies BPC tool enhancements/optimizations and leads implementation in accordance with approved project plan timelines.
- Lead conversation with the business to understand requirements for new functionality and lead the roll out of new functionality, enhancements, and improvements for financial reporting
- Provide overall strategy for training new and existing users on current and new functionalities
- Provide strategic support to the business to improve and enhance overall BPC functionality and process
- Manage a team and keep team on track and manage a number of concurrent active projects
- Identify and act on opportunities to automate, streamline and improve Consolidation and Reporting Processes
- Accountable for ensuring that all business requirements and regulatory changes are incorporated into BPC
- Accountable for ensuring that all changes to design in BPC are appropriately approved based on established governance model
- Accountable for the maintenance of application Security and changes are appropriately approved based on established governance model
- Accountable for Management of Report templates (Gold and Silver) and ensure changes are appropriately approved based on established governance model
- Maintain administrator guide and updates when changes in procedures and/or design are approved.
- Team performance management and development
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Commercial Mindset: Understanding the business and paying attention to business problems (complex and less complex) from all angles. Applying knowledge of the business and marketplace to negotiate and structure interactions. Not only understanding key financial and commercial fundamentals, but more importantly how to incorporate a commercial thinking mindset into every major decision made.
- Decision Quality: Good decisions are based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Making quality decisions while working in an environment where ambiguity and uncertainty are the norm.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need - new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view. Embrace the mindset you and Finning are never done, never satisfied, never standing still.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning.
- Develops Talent: Developing the team to meet both their career goals and Finning's goals. Creating pools of people ready and willing to take on new challenges and step up when needed.
- Situational Adaptability: Paying attention to circumstance and adjusting accordingly. Being able to recognize the need to be flexible and act different because no two situations are exactly alike. The outcome will be ease of transaction and effectiveness of interaction.
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to continually review processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness use of the tool
- Ability to provide direction/advice as needed with end users
- Ability to translate business needs into BPC solutions
- Ability to communicate BPC technical matters in business terminology
- Strong negotiation and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead or manage a project as well as be able to work independently
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate with various levels of the organization
- Self-starter, flexible and responsive; able to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks/assignments within specified deadlines
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and experience in leading a team which members may work in other locations
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, as well as internal and external customers
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Strong attention to details, highly organized and ability to multi task
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Results oriented with high initiative and ability to think independently
- Carry out and implement strategic initiatives directed by senior management
- Will demonstrate strong financial systems skills as well as refined excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Familiarity with SAP BPC 10.1 to include Dimensions and Models, Security, Business Process Flows, Rules, Work Status and Data Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field
- 7 to 10 years of related experience in similar area - strong analytical, database and spreadsheet skills.
- CPA preferred
- 5 years of SAP-BPC administrator experience preferred
- 5 years Management and supervisory experience
- Experienced in governance, controls, process and procedures, master data management, and information integrity
- Experience in building and maintaining BPC 10.1 reports and input schedules
- Ability to travel
- Those with SAP BPC experience will be given preference; however, those with Hyperion HFM or Cognos experience will also be considered
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Posted: December 11, 2018
Closes: February 9, 2019