We're looking for a Game User Analyst to build foundational tools and processes to help us translate user interaction with decentralized gaming products into player stories and actionable insights to impact business planning and decisions. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. This position is based in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A Little About Us:
Dapper Labs wants everyone, not just industry insiders, to experience the value of blockchain technology. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team of creators and founders flourish in a distributed hierarchy, where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture and diversity above else, regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for. This unique organizational structure is the same one behind CryptoKitties.
The Dapper team is a group of humble and curious creators, academics, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap into its potential to create change in the world. Your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues, whether you're optimizing our data capture methods or designing a new blockchain game. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We're all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that's what brings us together. Join us in bringing the first billion to the blockchain. What We'll Accomplish Together:
Our ideal candidate:
- Explore how users are interacting with a decentralized gaming product to pave the road for navigating business intelligence in gaming and blockchain.
- Break down the language barrier between raw data and analytics to deliver actionable insights by turning complex problems into structured projects.
- Develop the ability to represent players and their stories via metrics in a unique game environment to inform high-level decision making and goal setting, fundamentally impacting business planning.
More about Dapper Labs:
- Can merge their entrepreneurial mindset and experience in and outside gaming to define metrics for growth.
- Can design, construct, and administer BI models to deliver data driven insights across to stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
- Has experience in the instrumentalization and gathering of data for analysis to provide actionable recommendations to the team.
- Has experience as a player in an online multiplayer or social game environment, and using that experience to define impactful metrics to provide the insight we need to make savvy decisions with players in mind.
- Is a strong communicator with the ability to break down even the most complex of analyses into concise instructions that are easy to follow and hard to miss.
- Has experience in the tools we use: Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Meltwater, Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, and Jupyter Notebooks.
- Proficient in Python (or the demonstrated ability to learn new languages quickly) and SQL queries.
- Can process data using different tools and will help pick the best for each context (R, SQL, Tableau, and Mixpanel).
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019