We're Frozen Mountain Software, a global leader in flexible live video conferencing and streaming software solutions--we are all about connecting people, everywhere, to what matters most
. We're a hidden gem that is based in the heart of Surrey, BC (the fastest-growing city in the province!) In 2018 and 2019 we were awarded Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers and we were recently featured in the City of Surrey's 2017-2027 Economic Strategy for our commitment to nurturing a great culture.
At Frozen Mountain, we also do everything we can to look after our FM Family (employees!) from flexible work hours to remote work days to tons of free food and snacks, all the way to awesome company events. And that's just the beginning. The teams themselves are high impact, A-players who are incredibly passionate!
Here's what we rock at; capturing elusive requirements, then documenting difficult specifications, and engineering solid foundations. Oh, and we do this all against the relentless ticking of the project clock. At Frozen Mountain we believe that programming is a craft, an art form. We're looking for an Intermediate or Senior Developer who shares this sentiment and who applies ingenuity in their work to get the best solutions. If you are a Mobile Application Software developer who takes pride in your craft, enjoys the Real-Time Communication world and has full stack development experience, then come work small miracles with us every day!What you will be doing:
- Work on a wide range of client platforms building cutting-edge applications
- Provide expertise on mobile application development for client applications
- Work closely with your Project Manager and client to develop requirements, integrate internal WebRTC SDK's and libraries into production applications and APIs
- Troubleshoot existing WebRTC applications and work with the internal product team to leverage internal SDK's in client applications
- Use various software development technologies (Objective-Java, Swift, Java, C#, Xamarin, etc.) and Windows and/or Linux (with Mono and .NET Core) together with our own in-house technologies for Real-Time Communications (LiveSwitch, IceLink and WebSync)
- Design and deliver RTC solutions in-scope, on-time, and on-budget
We're often asked, \"what does it take to succeed at Frozen Mountain?\" You've got to have a huge appetite for learning, take ownership, and be smart without having an ego. Here at FM, we believe in the FORCE! (Family, Ownership, Resourcefulness, Community, Excellence) Is the FORCE strong within you? Below are more details of what we are looking for in this role.The must-haves:
What's in it for you?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years development experience with Android and iOS (native app development languages or cross platform mobile app frameworks)
- Full-stack programming experience in C# or Java (experience in other languages is an asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical applications
- Ability to adapt and learn new technologies quickly
- Self-motivated, can work independently, problem solve like a boss
- Experience with CI tools and cloud container tech is an asset (Git, TC, VSTS, AWS, Oracle Cloud, Docker)
- Experience in WebRTC (Real Time Communications) programming is optional but would be a huge plus
- Extend Health Benefits paid 100% by the company, RRSP matching up to 5%
- Internal opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Free snack bars, fruits, veggies, specialty coffee and tea, and soft drinks in the office (and of course the Nespresso machine!)
- Weekly catered lunches, monthly pub nights, and 8 awesome staff and family events, per year
- Comfortable, ergonomic work spaces with top-notch hardware
- Work-from-home days, flexible office hours, and a relaxed office environment
- A space where egos are checked at the door, sleeves are rolled up to lend you a hand, ping pong is serious business and where the CEO will know you by name, rather than by number.
Created by brothers Anton and Jerod Venema in 2008, FM has grown to over 40 employees, and 400 customers in 47 countries worldwide. Through technology and innovation, we inspire and enable development teams through industry leading enterprise-class real-time streaming and analytic solutions. With products built from the ground up, we live and breathe RTC technology. Come work for a company that is built by Developers, for Developers!
Frozen Mountain is committed to be a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.