Software Engineering at BuildDirect
As a member of our Technology team at BuildDirect, you work with a multi-disciplinary group of bright and motivated people. You and your team operate autonomously to solve real customer problems with smart and innovative solutions, end to end. You own your product architecture, implementation, deployment and operations. You are empowered and accountable for its full life cycle. You measure success and its impact with data collected from our platform.
In our polyglot environment we work in and on a variety of languages and platforms: TypeScript, ReactJS, NodeJS, .NET which we run on AWS cloud. We love to be data driven and measure the impact of everything we release, supported by an Analytics group that drives key insights. Our teams have the information they need at their fingertips to create the roadmap of their product and the tools to continuously release and get feedback from our customers. What You'll Do:
What you Need
- Work with rest of the development team to add new features and improvements to the e-commerce application and the backend platform.
- Test, debug, perform QA and optimize code for performance, maintainability and standards.
- Work with product management to interpret functional requirements.
- Investigate and learn new web technologies.
- Participate in design discussions, code reviews and make recommendations.
What You Must Have
- 3 + years of experience working on enterprise application software.
- Experience creating and working with REST APIs.
- Familiarity with React and related development tools.
- Experience working with NoSQL database.
- Experience with GraphQL is a definite asset
- Experience writing unit tests
- Proficiency with AWS tools in general, and AWS Lambda / API Gateway would be important assets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
BuildDirect What is our mission?
- An obsession for delighting customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and challenges with enthusiasm
- A sense of ownership and a passionate drive to deliver results and constantly raise the bar
- Ability and desire to be scrappy, move fast and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Innate motivation to learn and continuously develop yourself
- High degree of empathy and the ability to see other's perspective
- Commitment to fearless communication
- A desire to learn and continuously improve
BuildDirect is a technology company, building an open platform for the home improvement industry. Our platform enables homeowners and contractors to find the perfect home improvement product from a large online selection. Our mission is to transform the home improvement industry, empower homeowners to create their dream home, enable suppliers and manufacturers to supply what homeowners really want and the way they want it, and reimagining the home improvement industry. BuildDirect Perks
Office located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, with beautiful views of the city/North Shore, easy access to public transit, near 100's of restaurants & bars. Currently, we are all working remotely for the first half of 2021 (approx) and look to develop a hybrid model of in-office/remote working.
- Unlimited vacation
- Employee stock options
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!
Software and Programming