Full-Stack Developer - Canada Drives
Canada Drives is completely changing the car buying experience ...for the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online!
This is an opportunity to join the team that is at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. Be an important part of building the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchasing experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door! Experiencesome of this exciting technology in action at CanadaDrives.ca !
We are a growing, high-energy company with an ambitious technical roadmap to build exciting and innovative new products--read about us on TechCrunch !
This unique and unmissable opportunity can fast-track your career growth! We are firm believers in developing our own talent and promoting from within.
Come and realize your true potential at Canada Drives!
NOTE: This is a remote, full-time permanent, work-from-home position and is open to all applicants from across Canada. We will provide you with everything you need to succeed in your role.What You'll Be Doing:
What You Should Already Have:
- Developing and maintaining in house, and customer-facing applications
- Backend work primarily with PHP/Python (we are opened to new tools/languages)
- Work on 3rd party integrations, primarily with systems in the financial/auto industry
- Our tech stack is PHP/Laravel for the backend and Vue/Nuxt on the frontend
- Newer services are now built serverless (node/python runtimes) in AWS, we are also porting existing system over to this architecture
- Ensuring cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
Nice to Have:
- Professional experience with either PHP, Python
- Expereince with modern JS framework (Vue, Angular, React, Nuxt)
- Experience with Linux
- Expereince with a relational database such as MySQL, Postgres
- You know your way around git and have worked in GitFlow
- You have experience with using and building REST-style APIs, and GraphQL
- Experience with back end MVC frameworks (Laravel 5.2 to 6)
What's in it for you?
- AWS knowledge, especially the serverless stack (SAM, Serverless)
- NoSql experience in Dynamodb, MongoDB, Cassandra
- E-commerce (Shopify) experience and payment gateway integrations
- Responsive layouts are no problems for you with or without grid frameworks
- Experience with CSS3 advanced features such as animations, transitions, flex-box, etc.
This is a truly exciting time to join Canada Drives and we are looking forward to doing great things together! We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package in addition to providing our employees with continuous training and development.
We currently have a team of highly motivated and talented IT professionals and the only thing we are missing is you. If you are ready to join an ambitious and growing company then please apply today and we look forward to hearing from you.