As our Developer,
you will be responsible for development on our Traction Guest application, on all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, as well as work on the front-end.
Traction Guest's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that:Culture
Culture at Traction Guest isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction Guest - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done."Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- 1 year of experience with Ruby on Rails with a great understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, and RESTful
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc)
- Familiarity with continuous integration
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll contact you for a phone interview.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Design integrations between our core product and a number of third party applications
- Designing and developing web and mobile applications
At Traction Guest, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by leveraging technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest technology firms. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019