Plenty of Fish (POF) is one of the largest global online dating companies, available in more than 20 countries with 1,500,000 monthly new users. We are a Vancouver-headquartered success story and now one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (owner of Tinder, OkCupid, and Match.com, NASDAQ: MTCH).
POF is about to embark on an exciting technology journey, as we shift to microservices architecture, from .NET to .NET Core, Kubernetes, and continue down the path towards having even more automation, transparency, and autonomy. As a Full Stack Developer, you will be working on a squad responsible for our matching algorithms and membership services. The services, tools and library’s you build and support will be utilized with millions of requests a day, so scale and availability are really important to us. So, what will you do?
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Design, implement and test solutions to highly complex problems.
- Contribute to the enhancement of our Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and development lifecycle.
- Build high-performance, high-available and, mission-critical applications. We're small enough that you can make a real impact on what we develop.
- Participate in application design using service-oriented or micro-service architecture design principles.
- Understand current technology stack and future technical visions.
- Provide analysis, recommendations, and solutions to improve performance, security, and scalability of software and services.
- Build tools and automation to enhance serviceability and observability of our applications and services.
- Share! We have a highly collaborative environment and we want you to share your expertise and help facilitate constant learning.
- Several years of professional experience as a web application developer using .NET and .NET Core with C#.
- You have a good understanding and ideally some hands-on experience building micro-services with a message queue.
- You have experience with building Restful APIs
- You have experience with secure and high volume, large-scale environments
- You have database development experience both relational databases and NoSQL databases, like MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and Cassandra.
- You have experience with writing unit tests and integration tests to test your own code.
- You are security aware and understand that protecting confidential data is paramount.
- You stay abreast of changes in the field and try out new technologies
- Experience with payment processing systems or have interfaced with stores like iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon would be an asset
- Experience with Cloud and Container technologies would be an asset.
At Plenty of Fish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At Plenty of Fish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.