Application Developer (contract) Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB
The Application Developer will have a variety of responsibilities from crafting and implementing strategic products to ensuring that Teck stays on the forefront of technology. Our Application Developers contribute across the technology stack, from database and DevOps infrastructure that supports continuous deployment, to web and native applications. Application Developers are passionate about development and focused on continual learning, typically manifested in their community contributions (e.g., open source work, publishing / speaking on technical ideas). Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use agile practices and various software and web development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions that improve Teck's end-user experience
- Collaborate with other agile team members to craft clear user stories, design tests for prototypes and products, and continuously deliver product improvements
- Connect with IT teams to communicate any Digital innovations that are tying into bedrock IT systems
- Connect with business collaborators about agile processes to set and handle expectations about delivery methods and timelines
- Ensure the code follows the latest coding practices and industry standards
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- 7-10 years of software development experience, with knowledge of Agile software development process
- Experience with web frameworks such as ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, Loopback or NestJS
- Experience working with GraphQL and REST API
- Implementing CI/CD Azure pipelines is a definite asset.
- Deep knowledge of version control systems (Git)
- Authority in pair programming, continuous integration, test-driven development & incremental design
- Unit Tests Jest, MochaJS or Jasmine
- Experience with relational and NoSQL (CosmosDB) data stores, time series databases is a plus
- Sound problem solving skills with the ability to quickly process sophisticated information and present it clearly and simply
- Applies team collaboration to build innovative solutions efficiently
- Passionate about technology and enthusiastic about the impact of emerging / groundbreaking technologies
- Wants to fuel inner self-starter and work in an environment that fosters entrepreneurial minds
- Believes in culture of total transparency and trust
- Open to learning new ideas outside scope or knowledge abilities
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Application Developer, Developer, Database, Information Technology, Technology, Mining