Interested in machine learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine learning? Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/), Amazon Web Service's (AWS) fully managed Machine Learning (ML) platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and developers in their machine learning endeavors. SageMaker takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on solving the business problem at hand.
We are looking for a Full-stack/Front-end Engineer who excels at working in an agile environment, takes pride in tackling the hardest challenges, and is excited about our mission to democratize machine learning. You will work in a diverse team to build and evolve the next-generation of ML data and feature management services (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/feature-store/). As a Front-end Engineer, you will design, implement, test, operate, and evolve the UI components for this new product. Your work will enable customers to build and run end-to-end ML feature management services.
• Collaborate closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
• Develop/maintain operational rigor for the frontend of a fast-growing AWS service.
• Collaborate with other SageMaker SDE's for features that cut across SageMaker.
• Engage with customers and other AWS partners.
• Support with hiring efforts as we scale our function.
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers.
At SageMaker, there are immense learning as well as growth opportunities. This is a great team to come to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 1+ years professional experience in software development.
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and open-source technologies.
• Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
• Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with "backend" SDE's.
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming