Interested in machine learning, and empowering the world to do more and better machine learning? Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/), Amazon Web Service's (AWS) fully managed Machine Learning (ML) platform team is building customer-facing services to catalyze data scientists and developers in their machine learning endeavors. SageMaker takes away the heavy-lifting normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations, so that developers and scientists can focus on solving the business problem at hand.
We are looking for a frontend engineer who take pride in tackling hardest challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and are excited about our mission. You will work on SageMaker Pipelines, our next-generation ML workflow and CI/CD platform (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/pipelines/) and SageMaker Experiments, our experiment management platform (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/latest/dg/experiments.html) with a focus on the web-based UI in SageMaker Studio, the firstly fully integrated development environment (IDE) for ML (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/studio/). Your work will enable customers to build and run end-to-end ML workflows on Amazon SageMaker in a fully-managed, highly scalable and highly available manner.
• Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop user-friendly UI experiences.
• Work closely with other engineers to develop the best architectural design.
• Develop/maintain operational rigor for both the frontend and the backend of a fast-growing AWS service.
• Develop engineers of an existing "two pizza" scrum team on full-stack/frontend development.
• Engage with customers and other AWS partners to continuously improve the product's usability.
• Collaborate with other SageMaker engineers for cross-cutting features.
At SageMaker, there are immense learning as well as growth opportunities. This is a great team to come to have a huge impact on AWS and the world's customers we serve!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Diversity and inclusion are very important to us. We want the best builders of all backgrounds to work and stay at Amazon because they are drawn to our mission, our culture, and our leaders.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
• Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with "backend" SDE's.
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Software and Programming