Clearly is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a Front End Web Developer.
Founded in 2000 in Vancouver, Canada, Clearly has become the world’s largest online eyewear and contact lenses company. Clearly designs, produces and retails the largest selection of eyeglasses on the internet. We serve customers in more than 150 countries through the Clearly family of websites: our team is responsible for systems and support for multiple warehouses and web properties across Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Working closely with web designers and other creative specialists on customer facing E-Commerce websites
- Interacting with the backend developers to integrate solutions and delivery bug-free features
- Writing clean, structured, efficient and well documented code, always strive for maximum web page performance
- Contributing regularly to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements in order to ensure maximum efficiency across the company, including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- Following consistent processes set by the team while looking to offer constructive suggestions around new tools and ideas to enhance processes
- Taking on DevOps responsibilities, such as troubleshooting and debugging applications after hours when there are urgent issues on production environment
- Evaluating new technologies, digging into the code to highlight and execute performance optimizations and more
- Handling client support issues as quickly and efficiently as possible with an appropriate resolution
- To be aware and open to the latest software development technologies and methodologies
What You Need To Do Your Job:
- 3 years minimum experience in software development and solid understanding of development life cycle
- Comprehensive understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Working experience with Foundation or Bootstrap frameworks
- Experience with node.js, Gulp, Grunt, Maven and Ant
- Experience with at least one version control system, preferably Git
- Experience with Test Driven Development and writing unit tests
- SEO knowledge specifically related to onsite optimization (desirable)
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
- Strong development capability with client-side, object oriented and a passion for UI
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
What We Offer You:
- Group Retirement Savings and Employee Shareholding programs
- Extended health, dental and vision benefits
- 100% MSP coverage
- Flexible spending account
- Progressive paid vacation plan
- Open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Gym for a nominal cost and free secure bike cages available in our building; across the street from Renfrew Skytrain station and the Central Valley Greenway bike path
- Underground secure parking
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- A company that celebrates successes and recognizes its team
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our innovative programming and Development and Diversity initiatives have been recognized with the YWCA Women of Distinction Award. Our team's continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Posted: October 19, 2018
Closes: December 18, 2018