Playr is looking for a Front End Software Developer to help redefine the Esports/online gaming industry. We are an early stage startup and the successful candidate will be able to have an incredible impact on the success of this platform while also having a sense of ownership as the business scales.
What do we do?
Playr is a growth platform for Twitch Streamers to increase their revenue and drive fan engagement to new levels. We partner with professional gamers and online influencers to optimize all aspects of revenue and social growth. The gaming market is growing rapidly as consumers begin to focus their attention on streamed gaming content vs. traditional sports media. eSports is on trend to reach $1.5B as an industry by 2020, and has potential to grow bigger than the NFL.
Who we are:
We are a passionate team of gamers with a proven track record of execution and delivering results. Our team members have backgrounds in operations management, sales, marketing, software engineering, graphic design, user experience design, and more. This isn't our first startup, and we are driven to build a successful product and company alongside a cohesive and respectful team. Join our team and become a part of Kelowna's next success story!
- Assist in driving the ongoing scalability of the platform
- Developing and implementing new features as per our product roadmap
- Provide feedback and recommendations on our product roadmap and have an impact on the company's strategic direction
- Ensure smooth delivery of software through various test stages and into production
- Work with the development team to support changing needs in development, test and production environments
- Monitor and report on server status and application logs, and act to return system to health when alerted
- Troubleshooting and debugging where required
- Conducting unit and system tests
- Plan and execute deployment on production servers after-hours, if needed
- Research and implement new technologies to improve our production infrastructure
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Understanding of DevOps principles
- A proactive individual who works well in a team environment
- A mindset of building qualify software (TDD, unit testing, system testing)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player with motivation and passion for your work
- Working out of Kelowna BC preferred but not required
- Understanding of Online Gaming / eSports
- You watch/understand the Twitch Streaming market
- A passion for video games
How to Apply http://secure.collage.co/jobs/playr/11902
- Work with a cohesive and passionate team
- Work in the exciting and explosive industry of gaming/eSports
- Friendly corporate culture: Work hard, play hard
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- Full extended benefits package
- Make an impact in a growing company with opportunities for career development
Software and Programming