Front-end Engineer - AWS IoT Applications Team
Do you want to work on an early stage AWS product?
We are seeking a front-end engineer to join our team. AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Analytics & Applications team's goal is to deliver higher-order IoT services to help customers build solutions and integrate the benefits of IoT quickly, easily and cost effectively.
Imagine a world where connected devices and their are ubiquitous. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020, and any powered device can become connected. What problems would you solve if you knew the state of everything in the world? Would you improve crop yields and fight hunger, enable fleets of autonomous electric vehicles to replace cars, save lives with medical equipment that orders a repair for itself, or make every home a smart home? Front-end engineers on the AWS IoT Applications Team are enabling customers to build this connected future.
If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when the power of cloud and ubiquitous connected devices are combined - from interactive smart buildings, autonomous mines, self-monitoring medical devices, precision agriculture and more, we have the right role for you.
You are customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and for the business and technology impacts that IoT represents. We're truly an agile shop: we work closely with customers, deliver features with frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed. We are looking for front-end engineers to build user interfaces and services and share our vision for continuously improving the customer experience,.
As a software engineer on the team:
• You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
• You will work on modern web technologies like and to build highly interactive user interfaces
• You will define optimal customer experience for building IoT solutions
• You will and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible
• You will work as a part of 2 pizza team (8-10 people) in a multi-disciplinary environment with product managers, software engineers, designers, design technologists, and user researchers.
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented front-end engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer experience for AWS IoT Applications. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, want to see a direct impact on real customer use cases, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
• 2+ years of web application code and architecture
• Proficient in 1 or more core languages (e.g. , C++, , Ruby, Clojure, Rust, Go, Scala)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Delivered one or more production web applications using a contemporary framework (e.g. , , Vue, or similar)
• Experience using build tools (e.g. Webpack, Parcel, Rollup, or similar)
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable web interfaces
• Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
• Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Design expertise and experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools
• Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
• Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming